Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Justifying the cost of weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jakebluu, Feb 24, 2012.

1. The first and so far only time I've smoked was on January 13th. I didn't pay for it because I was smoked out. Anyway, I see the prices and stuff. Around here it's about $20 a gram. I have some questions. It's weird because I look at the $20 bill and I question whether it's worth a gram.

1. How long does a gram last you?

2. How do you justify the price?

3. How much do you spend every week? Every month? Every year?

4. I don't have a job. Is that why the price seems so steep to me?

2. Is bumping allowed here?

Bump

3. Is bumping allowed here?
    Bump

4. A gram should last you about 6-10 highs since you're new. That is if you smoke out a pipe/vaporizer/bong. Prices for pot are steep if you don't have a steady income. Not far from now, you'll be spending hundreds a month if you plan on smoking everyday.

5. 1. a gram lasts me two or three days.
    2. i just think "hey it makes me happy, and makes me feel better, so what the fuck".
    3. i buy maybe 2 grams a week. so that'd be 52x2x$20.. so about $2,000 a year.
    4. yeah. before i had a job i couldn't smoke too much because i had almost no money.

6. My gs turn out at less than 10 so

7. [quote name='"Blunt Ashez"']A gram should last you about 6-10 highs since you're new. That is if you smoke out a pipe/vaporizer/bong. Prices for pot are steep if you don't have a steady income. Not far from now, you'll be spending hundreds a month if you plan on smoking everyday.[/quote]

Shit. I plan on buying a pipe but I don't have a way of buying it since I have no card. There are no smoke shops around me.

8. Make a can pipe, and sand the top of the can so you don't inhale any paint. Fuck anybody who tells you its bad for you -__- It's not, I can guarantee you that.

9. Since I'm comparing it to high ticket anti-nausea meds and other pharma products, the cost seems surprisingly slight. I was spending about $1200 a month on pharmacy meds. Now I buy dirt and seaweed and beneficial soil bacterial stuff:p
    For recreational users, compare to a decent bottle of wine, which easily exceeds $20

10. #10 BlazeLE, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    im in the same situation you are. i started early in January but immediately started buying my own. i have no job and i can make a gram last over a week only smoking late at night. my friend is my merchant and usually we smoke his stuff but i pitch in when i can.

1. over a week depending on how often i go to my friends. (1-3 bowls a night, but small bowls. dank)
    2. its fucking weed bro
    3. so far ive spent i think $70 on weed but ive spent more on pieces lol (already have 3)
    4. more than likely, it feels steep to me too but when i realize even with a minimum wage job ill make like $60 in one day i realize its actually not bad if i had a job...

11. That's a gram of dank , you have no tolerance so spend it on mids , or even reg

12. 1. How long does a gram last you?

A gram of some dank weed lasts me one day. Maybe alittle more for tommorow morning.

If the weed looks good and smells good and it looks 20 dollars worth. then go for it. If not, dont buy. Remember, ur the one whos buying. Know what u want and when to say no.

A week maybe 110. a month maybe 300. a year idk

4. I don't have a job. Is that why the price seems so steep to me?

yea maybe. weed is very expenisve. The better the more its gonna cost. thats why its better to buy ini large amounts imo. U dont run out quicker and u sometimes get a better deal

13. you're retarded. dont listen to this guy. he's right you dont inhale any paint... its the aluminum that fucks you up... you need a card to buy a pipe? if you're 18 you can get one for "tobacco" use at most mom & pop convenience stores. my friend actually got a really nice pipe at one for $20 i think it was.

14. If you're a cheap motherfucker (it's ok most of us are) than the firsst thing on your "everything ganja" grocery list should be a one hitter.

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

These are the greatest things that were ever invented for the penny pinching stoner. You literally pack one hit at a time and believe it or not that one hit will usually get you pretty stoned. I've made a gram last two weeks with mine. Plus it's great for the stealthy stoner as well. One hit means minimum smoke and minimum smoke means minimum smell.

You can find them at your neighborhood head shop and they don't have them I'm pretty sure you can get them off GC. They're cheap too, like five bucks tops.

15. The aluminum fucks you up? Do you fucking cook with foil? That reaches temperatures higher than what a lighter produces. And you aren't fucking purposely burning up the can, you put the flame on the bud.

16. I need to smoke at least a half gram myself per session. the shit is pricey, without a doubt. thats why CREAM

17. [quote name='"jakebluu"']The first and so far only time I've smoked was on January 13th. I didn't pay for it because I was smoked out. Anyway, I see the prices and stuff. Around here it's about $20 a gram. I have some questions. It's weird because I look at the $20 bill and I question whether it's worth a gram.

1. How long does a gram last you?

4. I don't have a job. Is that why the price seems so steep to me?[/quote]

Depending on how much i smoke, but a gram usually will last me around 5 days. I can stretch it to two weeks if i need to but usually if im out of money and low on bud i will just take a break from solo toking

18. yes but i dont cook with soda cans... and there is a difference between cooking and inhaling fumes....

19. I dont understand how you could think an average oven is hotter than a flame

20. stop buying gram bags. sure a gram is 20$ here, but i buy 10 in one buy and its only 13.x dollars a gram. even cheaper for more...