justcallmesir's "holy bleep im germinating OVER 200 seeds" grow journal!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by justcallmesir, May 13, 2011.

1. I switch straight to bloom ferts on the first feeding water into 12/12. I feed every other watering. As for increasing the doses of fert I start light and with my watering schedule, if she shows no damage or shock, on the next feed I up the dose, until I find out where her limits are, then back off alittle when you find it.:smoke:

2. Update for Tuesday:

I finished feeding the rest of my plants today. looking pretty healthy. so far i have 3 REAL winners...Jack 33, Bubblegummer and 1 of my WW phenos are the ELITE specimen clearly. they are the BIGGEST and HEALTHIEST of the bunch.

in the pic below is the Jack 33 (on the left) and Bubblegummer (on the right).

due to a few issues today it was the only picture i was able to take.

Onto my new problem: Electricity. Idk wtf is going on guys. im on a 100amp breaker and the power keeps failing. ive ran this many watts before (for a whole grow+) with no problems. using this EXACT same equipment. I have NO idea why this is happening.

Right now what i have plugged in is: 2 600w hid lights...1 window/wall a/c unit, and 3 fans of all sizes.

thats it.

Today i show up to the grow to discover the power is out in the grow room...so i unplug all my lights/fans/ac and then reset that breaker...plug everything back in...works fine.

1hr 1/2 later i notice it got real silent in the grow area...walk back over there...sure enough the power is out again. this time i decided to hook up an extension cord to my a/c and run it from a different room's outlet.

Since then nothing has went wrong.

My problem with understanding this is if ive ran all that equipment before for 3-4 months without fail why is it giving me issues now?

my setup looks like this:

plugged into one outlet: 1 surge protector. says max load is either 1600 or 1800w (i forget now)

then plugged into that surge protector is 1 600w hid light and 1 fan

plugged into another outlet:
    1 of the SAME surge protectors...
    then plugged into that is the other 600w and 1 fan

then another outlet (no surge protector) had (i moved it out of the room now) 1 fan and the a/c plugged into it.

that set up never posed a problem before.

so far things seem fine with the a/c plugged into another room of the house. the grow room im using has 3 outlets. i spread all the equipment out between them...always have.

Ideas?

also i sprayed my plants with spinosad one last time before the hairs really start coming in (so far only a handful on each plant). im counting on this last dosage to keep the bugs gone (i dont actually have bugs...just as preventive measure as im just now in flowering)

so far the last sativa hasnt shown sex yet.

enjoy the pic and thanks for still reading up.

Attached Files:

3. Plants are looking awesome good sir... very excited to see what kind of buds will come from the jack33

as for the power issue I heard of a similar thing happening to a friend of mine and I think that you were right to plug the a/c in a different area...reason being is I'm told when the actual a/c compresser kicks on it pulls more electricity and it's possible that it is surging and tripping the breaker. Not a 100% sure, but it's a theory.

4. #84 SoCalCloset, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    As an electrician I will tell you , when you calculate loads you always figure any device with a motor or pump at 125% of its rated load due to a thing called inrush current. So to make it easy and not blow circuit breakers you do things like if you have 2- 10 amps a/c units (10aX125%=12.5a) on dedicated circuits or ,together on a 30a circuit because in the off chance they both kick on at the same time they will draw 25a. Things to put in the 125% list are things like pumps, fans, a/c, microwaves, refrigerators, garbage disposals, etc etc etc.

Second thing is if you put a load on a circuit breaker close to its max rated load this causes the breaker to get hot. Heat is what makes these breakers trip, an over rated load cause a instant burst of heat at the connection point inside the breaker and trips it. But if you put 19-21 amps of load on a 20amp rated breaker it more often than not, will not trip off. But that same load+ a nice hot summer day can make that breaker trip all the time even though all winter long it worked just fine. The breaker might also, very slim chance, be old and just tired and in need of replacement.

Another thing to keep in mind when spreading out the load is, unless you wired the room, always figure that all the outlets in a single room are on the same circuit. Some builders wire all the bedroom outlets on one circuit, up to 9 physical outlets. So just because you got things plugged into different plugs in the room, don't assume they are on different circuits.

My advice is to go to you local retail establishment and buy a good 25-50ft extension cord, now here is the IMPORTANT PART!!!! Make absolute sure when buying this cord it is 3 prong and made with 12GA wire, I repeat 12GA wire. This will be a 15amp rated cord which will handle your portable ac just fine maybe even acouple fans too. Plg the cord into an outlet in you house that you know doesn't turn off when that breaker trips, but is also not a circuit you have alot of other things on. A bathroom can be used, or look under your kitchen sink for a garbage disposal oulet. You get the idea. Or you find an electrician you can trust and add a new dedicated circuit into your grow room.

wow my longest post yet.:smoke:

5. thanks for all the help but you lost me somewhere in there. lol. Im not very inclined with electricity at all. I need to check my extension cord now to be sure its 12GA cord. idk if i do or not to be honest but ive been using it for AWHILE now w/o problems. its a solid 25 or so feet.

my a/c is a 3 pronged cord with a reset and test button on it...my extension cord is also 3 pronged. thats about all i know about it

what if the extension cord isn't 12 gauge?

and i know my grow room is all one circuit as everything gets shut off in there and in the immediate hallway outside the room. Nothing else runs on that circuit other than the equipment described.

Im sure the place needs some kind of work if im blowing it with only 2 600w's. figured it'd take a lil more than that. and good point on the hot summer day...infact the last 3 days here have been the hottest of the yr. my a/c is running 80% of the time the lights are on and even then i can only get it down to 78 at BEST. so its pretty hot here. nearly 100.

the rest of the place does NOT have an a/c...so yeah.

i think i understood a decent amount but if you'd like to "dumb it down" then thats cool too but like i said i think i kinda get what you mean.

thank you for the kind words. Im hoping the jack 33 turns out well too since its been the most vigorous and possibly has the most budsites. :)

pic update coming right up!

6. #86 justcallmesir, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    update for wednesday:

Ok the circuit the grow room is on has not blown since ive moved my a/c to a different circuit via extension cord. which is a relief.

cleaned my fans/ballasts today (pretty nasty once you get a qtip deep inside there) had to get all the dust out of there.

nothing much to update on the plants so i just snapped a few pics for you guys to enjoy.

plants under the hps are:
    Jack 33
    Bubblegummer
    2 of the best WW phenos

under the mh are:
    2 of the sativa bagseed
    4 of the remaining WW plants.

the jack 33, bubblegummer and two best ww phenos are very vigorous. A+ in my book.

any thanks for reading.:smoke:

Attached Files:

7. update 4 thursday:

nothing big to say...just a pic update! :hello:

Attached Files:

8. Nice. Them girls look good! :)

9. Be extremely careful with that cord, my A/C melted a 12 gauge cord. Make sure it's nto touching anything flammable or near anything flammable. If I have to use one, I rest the end on a brick now...scared the shit outta me when I noticed it.

10. damnit i forgot to check again. :-/

I been using this extension cord with this a/c for quite awhile though so im not worried about it super immediately but i will check it out. I'll remember...promise.

Its never even gotten warm to the touch..that i do know but i'll still check.

11. Yeah, it just scares me man... Mine was perfect for a loooong time and then I checked it one day and the end is all melted. I ended up moving the lower wattage stuff off to the extension cord and then kept the A/C plugged directly into an outlet.

12. oh ok. ill check when i go to my grow today for sure.

what gauge would be best?

id keep my a/c plugged directly into the wall but the cord is extremely short so i have to either plug my a/c into the extension cord or one of the 600w lights.

wwyd?

right now i have my 1 600 and 1 fan plugged into a surge protector thats plugged into the outlet...then i have the other 600w and 1 fan plugged into another surge protector thats plugged into the outlet...

i also have another fan plugged directly into the wall in the room...

so thats 2 600s and 3 fans plugged into my grow room. plus i have ceiling fan that stays on to help with air circulation.

(size of the room is either 10x8 or 12x10 i never measured but its a good guess)

then the extension cord that the a/c is plugged into gets ran out of the room and plugged into an outlet not on the circuit.

if any of this info makes a difference.

13. #93 justcallmesir, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    Update for saturday/sunday.

Ok folks. I finally checked the gauge of my extension cord. it says its 14 gauge right on the tag.

Electrician please..lol

I watered my plants yesterday (saturday) with plain water. they get another feeding on monday or tuesday. Remember every watering/feeding each plant is watered at a 1:1 (water/soil) ratio. so 3 gal each every time.

Plants look EXTREMELY good. the Jack 33 pheno is most sativa like out of all the plants/phenos. Its 2-3inches taller than the rest. Im very pleased how the topping/LST went. they responded like champs.

Also plants are budding VERY nicely. They will be flowering for 1 week as of tomorrow and they already are filling in nicely with hairs. If things continue to go well *fingers crossed* i might have a shot at breaking my best gram to watt ratio (best so far was .73 if i remember right)

Enjoy the pics (taken on saturday after watering on their 5th day of flowering)

Attached Files:

14. Update for Monday:

Nothing to say just a pic.

yesterday (monday) was offically the 1 week mark of flowering!

heres a quick pic. ill be back tonight with an update for today.

Attached Files:

15. update for monday:

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've been going through some pretty serious personal/family/life problems. Its been very sudden and unexpected.

The grow is still rolling along despite that fact.

its nothing major (not a death in the fam or anything too serious but pretty bad nonetheless).

Sorry i don't have current pics atm...ill take some tomorrow.

Today marks the 2nd week of flowering. While the jack 33 seemed promising due to its vigor early on its not showing very good budding characteristics...in fact all the WW's have surpassed it in bud production so far.

For jack 33 being a 7-8wk strain and the WW being 10 wk strain it looks just the opposite if i posted picks of them side by side. the jack 33 is REALLY stretchy. its going to have to remain between both hid lights throughout the rest of this grow since id have to raise the light way too high if i put it directly underneath it.

Bubblegummer looks extremely happy and majority of those bad WW phenos have turned into nicely budding plants.

so far in flowering the WW's > every other plant in the garden (shockingly... as it just appeared to be the opposite a few weeks ago).

today i fed some of my plants (those that needed it most) which included both of the sativa bagseed, the bubblegummer, the jack 33 and 1 ww.

the rest will be fed tomorrow.

this week im feeding 1tbl of earth juice bloom (most foul smelling nute i have at the moment) and big bloom from fox farm.

it appears most of the plants have stopped stretching already...which shocks me considering the ww's are 60/40 sativa. even the jack 33 looks like its not gonna stretch anymore...only 2 weeks in...YAY.

i'll be back tomorrow with pictures for you entertainment and viewing pleasure.

16. hey folks once again im EXTREMELY sorry for the lack of updates.

its not that ive grown board of the journal or im lazy its just that in my life, "when it rains, it pours".

so many unexpected emergencies have come up...PLUS im working a 2nd job right now AND i have a terrible cold and have been up for 30 some odd hours straight due to yet another family emergency.

Its all really taking a severe toll on me. my stress/anxiety level is seems to be at an all time high (believe it or not i havent been smoking mj much lately due to all the problems...seems to make it worse lately and im a decade long mj user) its just too many serious things going on for me to even toke much...

i been one to two hit quitting it for a few weeks now.

my grow is NOT dead. its very much alive and well. I just havent had the time or energy to keep it up to date.

i HAVE been taking pictures since my last pic update so when i get the time i'll upload the 30 something pics ive gathered in the mean time. they wont be in order im pretty sure but either way it'll give you an insight as to what you've been missing due to my schedule/stress.

Tomorrow will mark the 3rd week of flowering. the WW's have REALLY turned around in the flowering period...the Jack 33 is pretty worthless so far in flowering...probably the most vigorous but also the weakest link in terms of bud production.

the WW's are starting to get some sugar on those leaves...the bubblegummer is VERY happy but not as great of bud producers as the WWs...

the sativa bagseed is finally looking much like sativas (they appeared very indica in veg) but now have stretched out and began to look pretty good. buds will be of the fluffy variety (just like a classic sativa).

so it'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

Thanks for sticking with me and this journal through these unexpected emergencies i appreciate it greatly. its probably some of the toughest things ive had to go through thus far in life but im hanging in there.

thanks everyone.

i will get those pics up soon thank you.

17. Sorry to hear about the recent troubles man. Just stopping by to let you know there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers!

18. i feel like this isn't even worth updating anymore since i fell so far behind with the updates. my family problems are still continuing.. a close family member has been hospitalized for the past month. its been hard on me and those close to me.

my plants have gotten the care they need however i haven't been online hardly at all as i visit the hospital daily and spend a good chunk of my day there.

after so many nights of no sleep and praying i got far too warn out to update this thing.

i can't remember in detail everything that has went on however temps have stayed between 78-85 during the day...and the humidity has stayed between 36-41% the entire time since my last real update.

i already flushed the bubblegummer yesterday. buds aren't very big (compared to my WW's) however there are PLENTY of them.

i only have pics of the 1 bubblegummer that i just flushed.

only two plants have given me problems...the jack 33 and one ww pheno. im honestly not sure whats wrong with them but the rest are fine.

the jack 33 was supposed to be a 7 wk strain however i can tell its far from being finished.

many of the WW's already have some amber trichs which is early as WW's are supposed to be a 10wk strain. also some hairs are turning brown (it was my understanding that many WW phenos have white hairs until a few days after the chop...)

the WW's made a real huge turn around during the flowering stage (they appeared to be runts during veg compared to the others) they are extra frosty. smells range (depending on pheno) from fruity candy, to musky, to a lemony scent. very pleasing to the nose.

im not sure my Bubblegummer has that "pink gum" scent just yet. hoping a good flush and cure brings it out.

I also stopped using earth juice for bloom (ran out) and had to buy a different variety (forget what its called now) as the store i buy from ran out of what my top two picks would usually be for bloom nutes.

next time i plan on sticking with 1 line of nutes instead of mixing and matching. i didnt really have nute issues but i feel it would have come out better with a 3 part system from the same company.

considering earth juice for next time (for veg, bloom, and boost) actually i may stick with FF big bloom for boost as i have good results with it...i just burn through it way too fast (i think ive used 4 quarts this grow!)

heres a pic of my bubblegummer. sorry i been gone so long and that everyone understands my current situation.

thank you for understanding/reading my thread still.

Attached Files:

19. heres a pic update for today.

Attached Files:

20. nice grow.. im subbed now.. hope all is well... my only question 'where the hell u get so many seeds" lol its hard for me to get seeds from bag seed with all the medical stuff going around..