justcallmesir's "holy bleep im germinating OVER 200 seeds" grow journal!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by justcallmesir, May 13, 2011.

1. #61 justcallmesir, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    Monday's Update:

Grow in progress: Doing pretty damn well considering the gnat issues and 1 or 2 picky plants.

So far my best looking plant is CH9 Jack 33.

Infact i'll go as far as to say Jack 33 and Bubblegummer (1 bean of each) > ALL the white widow phenos.

all plants are healthy except two ww plants that seem to be pretty particular to certain conditions/nutes/heat, etc.

the jack 33 looks so good to me in veg that if i were making clones (i dont) this would be the plant i'd clone hands down. its responded the best to lst and topping. infact its basically turned into a bush that completely covers the inside of the pot with LOADS of side branching going on...none of the rest are as vigorous or throw out as many bud sites!

the bubblegummer (female seeds) is also very impressive. similar to the jack 33 in terms of responding well to lst/topping just not as good of a performer so far.

the WW is pretty hit or miss at this point. i have 2 of the 6 plants that are pretty sensitive to everything basically. they have been picky from the get go. if i should run out of space during flowering they will easily be the first to go but my goal is to make them all fit.

my WW is from seedsman. i went with them as i kept finding threads saying, "2nd to Mr nice's black widow is seedsman ww". since i didnt have room to veg reg seeds i went with fem only so seedsman was the obvious choice i thought. not gonna say its a wash or anything because of two picky plants and 1 runt. the other is avg. i only have 2 that are really above the rest of the WW..

my bagseed sativas in the 1gal grow bags are pretty nice i must say. they like topping mattering on the pheno ive learned as one grew 2 tops and the other just grew 1 back. (ive topped many times without error. i waited and cut above the 3rd node)

so far i'd say (at least thru the veg stage):
    Jack 33 > Tie between bubblegummer & the sativas > WW

This is their 2nd day of 12/12.

I began to adjust my strings for LST to compensate for new growth (ie. pulling the new growth down).

i intend to stop lst'ing when i see the first hair...then i will let it flower as normal and cut the strings after week 3 of flowering.

I also did some super cropping.

Today was water day. I adjusted my nutes from:
    Bio bizz bio bloom - none
    Bontanicare grow (forget the exact name) - 2tsp per gallon
    ff big bloom - 1tbl per gal

to

bio bizz bloom - 1tsp
    botanicare grow - 1tsp
    big bloom - 1tbl

once i see the first hair i will switch it to:
    bio bizz - 2tsp gal
    botanicare - none
    bio bloom - 1tbl

every week i will increase 1/8-1/4 tsp per gallon (or attempt to).

that is all for this grow at this time.

grow bag grow:

Down to 20 plants still. think im gonna flower these out soon as i dont have much choice. Plants are very small due to me intentionally skipping feedings...they will be watered tomorrow. Nothing new to report here really. infact at this point this side project is a burden.

I feel like this grow isn't going to turn out as i hoped but at the same time i started this journal and feel i need to finish it properly especially since its my first one ever.

if i find myself pressed for space i will have to stop this grow. my regular personal grow is much more important to me as its my only source for bud and i need it. plus i would yield a lot better overall if i used the borrowed 600w in addition to my 600w! but we'll see.

I dont think (hope not) it will come down to that but i feel like i need to make you all aware as you've invested your time in reading my grow and its only fair.

I was hoping this would have been an "epic" grow (hello 200 beans = epic lol) but it just happened at a bad time and i apologize if i let anyone down in the end. i kind of already did as its not a 200 bean grow anymore..

If i fail to continue the party cup (grow bag) grow i'll still finish the grow in progress in this journal.

thanks for checking me out. enjoy the pic from today.

Attached Files:

2. No disappointment man! 20 Strong plants will be awesome. I say keep going and keep the journal going. Keep the plants and try to bonsai some. Maybe turn a couple of the best into mothers. That way you will have a good strong plant to take clones from for a long time! Lots of possibilities with that many good strong plants.

+subbed lol

3. yeah...strong plants..lol idk the 20 dont look all that great after the intentional stress. i mainly did it to get rid of the ones that were most sensitive.

Call me stupid but idk anything about bonsai but it does make me think karate kid...lol

4. Wax on, Daniel San....
    keep up the good works:smoke:

5. lmao im too high for this...i actually "lol'd" when i read this and had 3 people look at me like im crazy haha

6. I'm still subed and its not disappointing at all bro. Keep up the good work.

7. Wednesday's update:

Nothing new to really update to be honest.

Grow in progress is in its 3rd day of 12/12. obviously nothing to see here yet...

Grow bag grow:
    They were fed botanicare grow nutes. 1tsp. and 1/2tbl of big bloom (this is only their second feeding so im going slow). many of them have turned green again. mostly the master kush beans and 4 or so sativas.

i will probably send these tiny plants into flower on monday or so if everything turns around by then.

8. Honestly, to me everything has been doing great.
    Love the grow in progress
    and the bagseed grow is coming along nicely....and IMO i didn't think you would keep all of them seeing as how it took like all of your personal time just to take care of them. I certainly wouldn't have that many unless it was my actual job to grow

9. dedication....dedication. lol

i wish i could have a cool job like growing. not exactly the selling/transaction of actual bud/mj products but just growing the plants. that would be awesome...i gotta learn to stop pinching and sniffing the colas in flower 1st. lol

10. Hands off, BAD FARMER BAD. :smoke:

11. lol yea pretty much.

im preparing tonights update right now. i have like 10-12 pics of the grow in progress. looks nice so far. there will be pics of the Jack 33, Bubblegummer, the best ww pheno (imo that is) and the rest of the grow in progress.

just waiting on the uploads and then ill type it up real quick.

12. #72 justcallmesir, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
    Thursday's Update:

To this point this will be the mother of all updates in terms of pictures. :hello:

once again there is no pics of the grow bag grow as there isnt really anything to show.

Grow bag grow: nothing much has changed except all new growth has returned to normal pretty much. they will now stay under cfls for the time being.

Im actually not sure if there will be enough room to keep them as the grow in progress is getting big...

Grow in progress: these plants are coming along VERY NICELY. gnats almost completely gone (didnt see any today but dont want to say its over yet)

Today i adjusted my ribbons that i use to LST the plants. Checked everything out. Looks solid. plants seem very happy. LOADS of bud sites. :)

I took pictures of the Jack 33, the bubblegummer, and the best WW pheno as well as a few group shots. i also took pics of the two sativas.

when i get the grow bag grow back in there ill ask for some opinions as to if i'll have enough room to keep all the plants as im honestly not sure as ive NEVER had this many plants at once or used 2 600w's...so im not sure what my limitations are and how far i can push it without sacrificing bud quality/production.

this grow has become quite expensive so im holding out on a good yield to make the $$$ spent worth it.

In this post i'll just post up group shots. enjoy them.

EDIT: all the plants under the hps (red light) are seedsman WW fyi

Attached Files:

13. Pics of the Best WW pheno (imo)

Attached Files:

14. Jack 33 (my best plant overall period!)

Attached Files:

15. Female Seeds Bubblegummer

Attached Files:

16. Just give them all the love you can and you will get your investment back +:smoke:

17. Sativa bagseed i been working with. remember these are beans from the SAME batch/generation as wats going on in the party cup/grow bag grow!

as i said...very indica like in appearance...(which leads me to believe the nearby male was indica dom for obvious reasons as the mother was VERY sativa dom of these beans)

Attached Files:

18. Damn lookin good man.

19. UPDATE FOR SATURDAY/SUNDAY:

Ok folks. good news. the grow in progress officially has shown sex. (half of them anyway). so far the Jack 33, Bubblegummer, and 3 WW plants have all shown sex and they are some gorgeous (ladies, sluts, hoes, tramps, whatever you wish to call them)!

So now i wait out the sex of the remaining 5 plants (3 WW phenos and the sativas). the remaining 3 WW's should be females as i ordered FEM seeds for all. the only ones that i cant be sure of are the sativas. im not aware if i have FEM or REG seeds so we'll see.

the good news is the sativa bagseed is growing pretty uniform to each other. could be a random stroke of luck or they could be decently stable :) (only i can hope).

the partycup/grow bag grow is still under 18/6 lighting and will remain like that for a little while longer...probably until tomorrow or the next day. then i'll try and get them back in there. like i keep saying if space becomes a problem they'll be the first to go for obvious reasons.

we'll see.

so far its all looking good. haven't seen ANY more gnats (yay sand and spinosad works!)

I must mention that 1 of my WW phenos isnt happy. its been the "picky" one of the bunch. in order to "save" the party cup/grow bag grow i may just eliminate 1, 2, maybe 3 of my plants from the "grow in progress" to make room.

idk. we'll see. if i do though i'll definitely chop the runt and the sensitive pheno as those two are the weakest links so far.

i still have nothing but good things to say about the Jack 33 and the bubblegummer. in the future ill be taking closer looks at femaleseeds and CH9 as im very surprised at least to this point..

thanks for checking this journal out.

20. Update for Monday:

Its with deep regret that i say this...however the partcup/grow bag grow is OVER. Not because space became an issue or because i got lazy. I just determined that none of the phenos were worth keeping. None seemed promising. All i really ended up with was runts and sad/weak plants.

Its my belief now that whatever unknown nearby male that pollinated my female sativa really ruined the gene pool. the original mother was a beautiful sativa dom plant. Buds were decently dense considering it was sativa.. these new plants lack vigor and resistance to well...anything.

the two phenos i have going in the "grow in progess" (which will now just be known as the grow since i dont have anything else going on right now) are probably the better phenos out of the entire party cup grow. out of those 2 id say the one that responded better to topping is the stronger/better/elite pheno between those two.

I'll probably make S1's of the sativa instead of crossing it with another strain. main reason is id like to preserve this for later use and breeding experiments.

im gonna need to look up a decent recipe for CS. I always hear different answers on what type (including the specific requirements it must meet, ie. volts, amps, etc) of phone charger you should use.

Im gonna need to get started on that quick as 9/10 of all my plants have now shown sex and been confirmed as FEMALES! the only 1 not to show yet is the weaker sativa pheno (that didnt respond to the topping). My money still says its a female though. if it is i'll at least grow it out and smoke it to see what type of high i should expect from this strain now that im 100% sure it was knocked up by an unknown male.

if the high is there then i'll save the S1's and use them in the future. if the high is terrible then i'll junk em...maybe donate them to someone on here in need of bagseed. idk.

we'll see.

Anyway.

My grow is doing REALLY well. i should have made a journal on it from the start instead of 2 weeks into veg. Some of the WW phenos have really filled out and are starting to look as vigorous as the Jack 33 and the bubblegummer.

I'd tell you all how many budsites i have but i cant keep count theres so many. I owe you guys a pic update tomorrow btw. (sorry, i forgot).

the Jack 33 and bubblegummer were fed today...2tsp of bio bizz bio bloom and 1tbsp of ff big bloom.

the remaining plants will be watered tomorrow but those two were the lightest pots in the grow room (which is funny as they are the biggest plants).

my gamble of using 1tsp of botanicare grow (forgot the name exactly), 1tsp of bio bloom, and 1 tbsp of big bloom worked out great in my opinion. the plants actually showed sex faster than when i usually just continue on veg nutes till i see a hair (from the 1st day of 12/12 till they show sex).

so yeah. im sold. whoever said dont feed bloom nutes before sex is shown is trippin.

i wanna get ur guys opinions on if i should feed a low dose of veg nutes weekly (or bi-weekly) during flowering?

im asking as i did see a few journals were people would feed something like:
    in veg:
    1 1/2tsp of veg nutes
    1 tbsp bloom booster
    and 1/2 tsp of bloom nutes

and do basically the opposite during flowering...

just wondering. im aware its not always a good idea as it could really confuse/hurt the plant. just saying it worked this time and peaked my interest for how far i can take it.

speaking of how far i can take it...i wanted to experiment with feeding my plants to their limit without nute burn. how much and how often should i increase my dose of nutes during feeding?

right now im gonna be feeding 2tsp bloom nutes. and 1 tablespoon of bloom booster (bio bizz bio bloom and Fox farm big bloom) fyi.

ANYWAY. thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow i'll be SURE to post pics...

Also..i forgot to mention i did keep 1 pheno from the grow bag grow. not for any other reason but to grow it out for fun under cfls.

THANK YOU GC