Just Venting... :( (long, if you dont care, dont click)

Discussion in 'General' started by Nexis, Aug 17, 2006.

1. I could scream right now. on july 8th, my mom was hospitalized for severe stomach pain, she felt like she was going to die that night. Long story short, we drove down to fort lauderdale, about an hour and a half away, and were supposed to fly out to arizona the next morning, we were spending the night at a hotel. My moms hospitalized, and ends up spending a month in the hospital in total, she had a huge operation on her stomach & intestines. I love my mom, she is the most caring and wonderful person i've ever met, and its unfair that someone like her has to go through something like this because all the time all she does is give give give. She could see someone in need and even if she had nothing herself shed find a way to help them out.

The hospital she went to was negligent, the nurses werent following doctors orders... etc. I got a call from my mom after visiting her one day, i was back near home (i was coming back from the hospital) and its my delirious mom (from the medicine) whispering to me about how shes needs us to drive an hour and a half back and pick her up- now. She told me not to ask any questions, we ended up going down there and it was absolutely rediculous. These people had no idea what they were doing, and she was transferred from an hour and a half south of us to 45 minutes north of us.

Upon discharge, they fucked up AGAIN and gave her many other peoples records with hers on a CD, we got about 15 other peoples personal medical records and they were fined for that.

My mom moved to the other hospital and it was better for the most part, then she came home and she was home for about 3 days then hospitalized again for another 4 back in the same hospital, 45 minutes north.

All was fine and dandy, i kept telling her not to overwork herself. Her stomach ended up getting swollen again, and apparently she got infected FROM THE FIRST HOSPITAL SHE WAS AT - and not only that, but we found out that my mom should have died that night and should have been operated on immediately (thank god she didnt) but they waited 3 days and didnt operate, and her system was considered toxic.

So then everything is going ok, her wound is a bit swollen, and she has a doctors appointment. Me and a bunch of friends decide we're going to buy an oz on friday and go to the midnight showing of snakes on a plane, then roll. Just in time to ruin my weekend (i'm not saying my mom is a burden, at all... god i must sound so fucking selfish, its not my intention) my mom calls me last night and tells me they have to do a major surgery on friday (tomorrow).

So now here i am, my weekend plans that were going to get my mind off of the pain my mom is in are fucked, and i will be spending all week at more hospitals. In the past 6 months i must have spent 3 weeks to a month total in hospitals (some of u may remember my best friend getting into a car crash and coma in april).

I don't mean to sound selfish, i really dont. I hope i dont! just as it looks like im going to get sometime to just chill and get my mind of things and relax, this shit comes up again. I'm not even really pissed that i can't attend this wild time this weekend, im upset that my mom has to go through more bullshit... More and more bullshit, and as most of you know, it hurts to see someone close go through so much pain. A few days before she was hospitalized the first day, i was driving back home and talking to her, and i got really weirded out and told her i felt like it was the last time i'd talk to her. It shouldve been because she wasnt necessarily operated on in time, but miracles happen i suppose... Thing is, i have that same feeling again. I told her how i felt the first time, and she had this crazy thing happen a few days later... Because of this, she cried everytime i walked in the room after she had surgery because .. fuck i dont know maybe we just have that connection.

I'm pretty worried about it. I know many people are ill and hospitalized for years and many people have had to sacrafice much more than i have had to thus far. I realize this, and im greatful... trust me... but at the same time it sucks. If you've made it up to this point, I genuinely thank you for giving a fuck... and it feels so much better to be able to get this off my chest

Thanks,
    Nexis

2. You don't sound selfish at all, oh contraire you sound compassionate. My heart goes out to you, you deserve to go out and have a good time. Sending healing energies to your mama.
    **************hugs****************

3. I feel for you brother. My aunt, whom I love very much, is something like 60% cancer on her insides now, and all we can get are fucked up doctors and hospitals.

I will pray for your mother, that you may find an honest doctor and/or hospital. Your story honestly brings tears to my eyes...

4. She's lucky to have a son thats as caring and devoted as you.

I hope you get things sorted out w/ the hospitals.

I would highly suggest covering all your bases and consult with a GOOD lawyer. You dont have to get all "malpractice" crazy or anything, but it would be good to know your options.

I wish you and your mom the best.

5. Not selfish in the least.

Being disappointed about it isn't selfish, going and not caring about your mom would have been a lot more selfish.

I wish you and your mom the best nex, i hope she gets better soon.

6. you don't sound selfish man, you didn't skip out on your moms and just go with your friends anyway...we all get a little frustrated when life gets in the way

hopefully everything works out for the best for you, i'm praying for your mom and the rest of your family(s) and spreading a little +rep your way for being such a devoted, caring son and taking extra special care of your mom. good look.

7. I can't express how much i appreciate all of your responses and well wishes. You guys are truely amazing.

Sorry to hear, flower :( your aunt is in my prayers.

Much love. <3

8. i'm so sorry to hear you've gone through all this, its really tough to see someone you love in pain. But I'm sure the fact that you care so much..has helped your mom in such great ways!

It always astounds me that the least selfish people in the world often tend to worry about being selfish, while the truly selfish ones seem completley oblivious to it... in short, no you're not selfish at all.
    I'll keep your mom in my thoughts, and I hope she gets well soon..

9. Thats not selfish at all man, I'm sorry to hear about your moms pain, she'll be in my prayers, but in the meantime you keep it together.

10. Im very sorry to hear about your mom, and I hope that she gets well soon.

I wish you both all the very best!

11. Nexis, im so sorry to hear that, AND NO YOUR NOT SELFISH, i agree with the first poster, your very compasionate as to your mom, dude i really respect the way you wish she would get better, AND I PRAY SHE DOES.:D im me anytime you need too, i included my aim on K+

12. Yeah dude, I feel ya on the hospitals not knowing what they are doing. They killed my mom a lil over 3 yrs ago. But, your family has my prayers through this troublesome time.

13. Sorry to hear that Nexis.

My mom is sick too right now, so sick that she may not recover. So I kinda know what youre going through. Its a very surreal feeling, like you cant believe that this shit is actually happening, and happening to you.

Going out with your friends is really good for you. I cant right now because everytime I try to go out with my friends it turns into the TMG pity party and I can stand it. Its annoying.

But I dont think your being selfish, no one can understand what its like to have something like this in their lives unless theyve experienced it first hand, which I hope no one ever has to.

14. sorry to hear tmg, my prayers are with your mom. And thanks everyone again i dont want a pitty party but its nice to get all this shit off my chest ya know

blaze on:smoking:

15. Dude, been there and you are reacting perfectly normal. You aren't selfish. Much love man, you're in my prayers.

I went through the whole "poor you" thing when my dad was going through cancer treatments. It got to the point that I had to tell people to just drop it, and that only made them feel worse for me. :rolleyes:

16. Bro you have one of the coolest, down to earth mom+ family. I know while I was visiting she took care of us even though she was in great pain. Shes an incredibly strong, caring and loving person. Send my regards to her and hope she gets better.

17. Wow Nexis. I'm so sorry, and send all my best wishes to you and your mother, in hope that she'll recover. I know how it feels to just need to vent. Right now, my 2 year old cousin is up at massachusetts general hospital because of a brain tumor which needs special treatment that she can't get here in New york. I cant imagine what would have happened if she didn't have compitant doctors and nurses, or was sent to a hospital that couldn't properly treat her. I know you said you dont want a pity party, which is true, but sometimes it helps to have people feel bad for you, because that way you know that they care about you.

My prayers are with your mother, and I hope her surgery goes well, and you can put this whole ordeal behind you.

18. i hate to sound like a sleezy ambulance chasing medical malpractice attorney but you guys are in a very good position to file a lawsuit against them for malpractice, pain and suffering, and anything else your lawyer can come up with.

medical malpractice claims can amount to A LOT of money. usually the defendent (such as a hospital) will settle out of court so they can pay you off without having to admit to any wrong doing.

i seriously think that you should consider legal recouse against the hospital because what they did was unacceptable and could have cost you your mom's life.

19. I read the whole thing Nex, and I hope your mom is doing well/gets better. That's a really scary feeling for anyone to have.
    keep ya head up

20. thanks guys, i went @ about 9am this morning and visited until about 4. She went in surgery at about 11 and they cleaned out infection. she'll be fine hopefully but shes just in alot of pain right now. She really needs to take it easy. Again, everyone thanks for the thoughts, i can't express how much i appreciate it.

she told me to go party tonight since shes tired and needs rest and shell keep me informed

love you guys

blaze on!

nexybwoy :smoke: