Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just trying to stay safe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by handey311, Aug 6, 2010.

1. I may ramble in this so thank you for listening. I am a recent graduate and after finishing my BBA was quickly set into the interview process for a big company. Anywho I've been going back and forth with corporate all summer and I'm finally hired. They sent my official offer this morning and upon me accepting it they sent me a date and time for my drug screening, Monday at 9:30.

The last time I smoked was July 20th. For the last few years I've been a heavy smoker but in the week or 2 leading up to the 20th I was taking a waterfall or 2 a day maybe out of a 16oz gatorade bottle. So I stopped the 20th but still have been around it a good bit, never felt the high but definitely smelled it while my buddies were blazing. Since then I have been active which is common for me. I'm 6' 165 lbs give or take and very little fat. I eat rather healthy and run every now and then. Been working out again recently but with the hassle of moving out of college and anticipating my move to Charlotte its been wacky.

So I'm going to drink a gallon of water tomorrow and another gallon on Sunday along with running at least a mile and a little bit of work out. Now here's my question: my family and family friends (lots of whom are in the same industry) are all suggesting that I use quick tabs, however no one can verify its worked for the company I'm getting into. I've read that some of these can result in inconclusives, and that bigger and more prestigious companies take an inconclusive as a fail. So...with the rambling I supplied above, should I just go on with my plan and just make sure I pee a time or two before I go in that morning and catch it mid stream like I've read or should I risk it with the quick tabs? I guess its the least worst situation haha. Anyways, sorry for the babbling this just means a lot to me. Looking forward to your responses!

2. I really hope you land the job man! :hello:

3. Buy fake piss and use it. 16 days isn't enough to be sure it's out

4. In all honesty, I lucked out and can't offer first hand advice. I work for an international corporation and haven't been drug tested at any point (though I did sign the little form during the hiring process consenting to random testing).

But I wanted to mention that there are many guides on drug test advice here at GC, including in the F.A.Q. sticky in the top of this forum. And you can run a search on drug tests for the others, I'm sure they have tips you can use, although if you've got a lot of people suggesting one thing in particular, give it a shot. You can also pick up a home drug test at a headshop, take it and see if you can pass that over the weekend. It'll give you some confidence if you can. If you don't pass it, drink tons and tons of water the day of your test (I haven't heard that thing about the inconclusive as a no just because your pee is diluted, I'm pretty sure it's if there's high levels of something else... I wanna say nitrites, but I'm not sure). If in real doubt, sneak in some clean urine from a friend, they're not going to watch you pee unless it's a really regulated industry you've gone into... in which case, good luck with keeping up the toking habbit.

5. #5 Pointblank, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
    I don't think 16days will be enough to get it out of your system and pass without using the "Dilution" Method or the "Substitution" Method.

On both marijuana.com and cannabis.com , they have Drugtesting forums with guides to BOTH methods of passing previously mentioned. Hope that helps. Saved my ass a couple months ago! haha :D

Other then that, i think you should STOP exercising 3-5 days before your test and eat ALOT! That will create a fat wall between your thc-infested fat and the new fat. Eat alot of red meat and drink alot.

Drinking gallons of water doesn't help unless it is done the actual day of the test, so you can dilute it. Then eat vitamin Bcomplex pills to turn your piss yellow again so they dont know.

With all that you should pass! My best advise is to go to one of those websites i mentioned, and read the guides to passing pisstets. Follow their steps and you should be fine.

GOOD LUCK! :wave::wave::wave: :smoking:

Edit: You can either do all that shit OR, just use the substitution method. Most job piss tests are closed door so its easy to do.

6. Thanks for the responses so far guys. I may pick up an at home drug test tomorrow and check it out. If I fail I think I'm going to run about 5 miles or more tomorrow and Sunday and drink a decent amount of water and hope for the best. My mom and her friends keep saying quick tabs but I don't see enough info on these.

This is the thing about substitution or bringing anything in. I'm going to be in the corporate headquarters in business attire for a few hours possibly before I take the test. With what I've read its crucial to do all these things with a set amount of time but I will be there for most of the day doing multiple things to finish employment so there's just no way to tell when I will be needing it and I won't feel comfortable carrying a packet around all day hanging out with VP's and such.

Maybe I'm just looking for you guys to help reinforce my decision :) Thanks again for taking your time to help me

7. Well I got an at home drug kit from wal mart and the control line was pronounced but the drug line was barely noticeable...so i'm taking this as a fail. my mom said one of her friends used quick tabs to pass their test and we called gnc and they have super caps. my brother keeps on calling and telling me to take vale during all this and i'm hanging up on him so i can think straight. the more i read other posts the more pissed i get, every method has had passes and fails and this really sucks. this is the rest of my life i'm dealing with and if i don't pass this test i don't know what i'll do because i'm living out of a box essentially because all of my stuff is packed up in anticipation for the move. i'm going to take the advice and start eating a bunch of fatty foods then try and dilute the morning of. my day just turned upside down :/

8. Lets hope your employer doesnt find this thread, I wonder how many other people have been back and forth with the head of some big ass corperation recently that just got hired and have a drug screning at 9:30 on monday morning...

Anywho, I wouldnt grant that 16 days is enough to pass a drug test, because chances are its gonna be a fail on monday. But there are really expensive detox drinks, i dont think its quick tabs, but my brother always use to say theres some kickass detox at GMC for like 60 bucks. Depends on how bad you want your job i guess...

9. haha i'll go back and edit the posts in time, but for now i'll leave them. i'm a big enough advocate to face any questions that arise with confidence. as for the job, like i said this is for the rest of my life i could retire with this job in time so i'd pay hundreds if i knew i'd be fine. if you could get me some specifics on that kickass detox i'd appreciate it. my main concern is i'll be on the road and dealing with lots of things up until the time i go in, so i'd really just like to be able to take something and be done with it and follow strict guidelines.

10. Ditto dude!:wave::smoking:

11. thank you for the kind words, means a lot in times like these :)

12. Sorry, I have no idea about the detox drink, but I would do some research and find out the best one out there. For some reason, no one knows about the good detox drinks, but everyone knows about the shitty ones.. wierd...

13. well i'm heading to savannah in a minute to go to a headshop that sells omni, she said they've been selling it for years and never had a bad response. she mentioned the money back guarantee but when its my career at stake i could give a shit less about 20 bucks back. i guess wish me luck

14. good luck man, my friend used a $50 EXXXtra clean detox kit for his random LAX drug test, and he had been smokin up till the day before and passed...

let us know how it goes man!

15. Well I'm back from Savannah and got the Omni stuff. At this point I don't have many options so I think I'm just going to stop worrying myself and take this the morning of. It sucks that its all come down to this as its quite the horrible feeling. Of course if I fail everyone is going to ask me if it was worth it, and I should say no....but the last week or 2 I was smoking and could have stopped was filled with good times and laughter with friends from college I will not see for a long time if ever again...so in its own way yeah it was worth it. I guess that doesn't transpire for shit to the job, but man this sucks. Wish me luck everyone I'll definitely post up the result.

16. Referring to the section in bold. I thought they could tell through a balance test, and the ph of your urine whether or not you have tried to dilute it.