Just trying to keep on keeping on

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by After the shot, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Alone and cold, sitting in the quiet, outside at 3am in complete darkness.
    Yet I can see more clearly than when the sun shines bright.
    The silence is deafening. Screaming, ringing in my ears.
    The sound is maddening, yet is drowned out by my sobs.
    Another day of loneliness. Alone in a crowd of people.
    Speaking and not being heard. Listening and not being told.
    Another day of going through the motions.
    A day void of color. Everything gray and black .
    Black. Dark. Dreary.
    Again, I'll finish my day and arrive home to a place that is supposed to be full.
    Full of love laughter and warmth.
    Yet it will be cold, lonely and quiet. Even when I'm not alone.
    Wash rinse repeat. Every day is the same. It's taking its toll on me.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Well I hit the wall a few years back! Anxiety life fighting social security ex. Went to shrink and he is my fav doctor! Definitely recommend! Happy life will shine on u and others will gravitate too u!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Don't expect other people to fill your life with happiness. That's your responsibility. It only works well in a really cool, synergistic effect when you get that 2-way love interaction going in both directions. Then it just magically keeps re-filling all by itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Girl, are you clairvoyant? I was at work this morning and all through my shift I was thinking, I can't wait to get home and crank sounds of silence. But this is the version I prefer. I put it on loop and sang with all my emotion at least a dozen times. Thank you:cry:. You have no idea what it means to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Thats the issue. The 2way love part. It's a complex situation one that is hard to discuss with even just myself. Thank you though. I do understand that I am responsible for my own happiness and do the best I can. But it's hard to put on a happy face lately.

7. Thanks @Papa Puff . Your a good guy. I don't think this is one for a shrink. But I may talk to someone that I feel I can trust. Much respect, Papa.
    Thanks, Granny. I've changed my diet some time ago. Healthy choices 90 % of the time. But I am going to check out the links. It can't hurt. Thank you again.

8. I love this song. Just spoke to me when I read your post it was very sound of silence-esque and I couldn't not post it. I'm trying to think if there are any others that come to mind. If they do I will let you know. Keep your head up...I know you have the strength.

I immediately heard this in my mind after reading your post:

And in the naked light I saw
    Ten thousand people, maybe more
    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening
    People writing songs that voices never share
    No one dared
    Disturb the sound of silence
    "Fools" said I, "You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you"
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence

9. Just read this in the Drs office. Knew I shoulda waited til I got home. The tears are streaming down my cheeks. Wtf. Feel like a foo right now. But I didn't see the similarity in my post and the song til I heard the song 4 hours after I posted.... MY head is up. I've got motivation to make sure I get through this.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

10. It wouldn't hurt ty for the compliment

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1