Just transplanted my White Widow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by skunkybudluver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Well I just got done transplanting. Basically cause I noticed a couple small tiny roots coming out of the bottom of my cup through the drain holes. I used 5 gallon pots. I had watered earlier in the day so it wasn't the best time to transplant. But I didn't want to wait. So I filled the pot with some dirt, gave it a little water, filled in some more, gave a little water, and kept doing that till I got it full. I never did get any run out so I believe I didn't over water it. The soil in the pot felt pretty consistent with the moisture in my solo cup. I had it in a solo cup and seeing how the soil was still pretty moist, I took a razor blade and cut the bottom of the cup off. I had already measured the depth of my hole in my pot by using an empty solo cup. After cutting the bottom off, I then made a cut down the side of the whole length of the cup. I sat it in the hole I had made and gently lifted the cup up leaving most of the soil along with the plant in the pre-made hole. Only thing, when I took the bottom of the cup off, with the soil being moist, some of it stuck to the bottom and I ended pulling a couple of small roots out with it. Not many, just a very little bit. Same thing with one of the sides of the cup. When I lifted it up a root or two was stuck to it. So I hope I didn't mess it up and ultimately end up killing it. It was looking so good.

It was doing so well under the fluro that I raised my fluro up a little and put the pot back under it. The fluro is almost resting on top of the pot. The plant is down in the pot a couple of inches so I would say it's about 4" from the fluro. Hopefully it's close enough. I don't want much stretch. That's one reason why I didn't put it under my HPS. I could have raised it up or lowerd my HPS but like I said, the fluro seems to be doing a great job on it. It's really showing good vegetation under it with very little stretch.

Guess I will find out in a couple of days if it will make it or not. I expect there to be some shock. I'm going to wait for the top couple of inches of soil to dry out before watering again.

On my next watering I think I may give it some Big Bloom. It's straight FFOF so it shouldn't need any veg nutes like GB for a little while. I just don't know really what's best for the next watering. Straight water or a BB/water mix. Amy suggestions?

Anyway that's where I stand. Hopefully it will make it. I'm just a little worried about loosing a couple of the roots. But I am pretty sure you can cut or loose some roots without the plant dying? I'm really worried about that. We shall see.

2. Your roots will be fine.

However, I would resist the urge to feed any nutes for at least 2 weeks. Just water whenever the soil feels dry 2" deep or when the pots feel like they've lost a lot of weight.

3. That's comforting to hear about the roots. I was really worried about that. As for the BB, it's a very light nute. It shouldn't be a problem but you may be right in waiting a couple of weeks.