Just tied em Down... Worth it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cdiggs, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Hey everyone,

I just tied down the ladies so that all the branches are leaning over to different sides.

I know that the plants will soon flower and was wondering if it was worth it to tie them down?

I don't think I stressed them at all, and I know that they can grow a lot during the first phase of flowering (growth burst)..

and when they begin to show fat buds should I untie them? Or should I just leave it.. last year I think I left it tied down and it worked out alright..

*pics if needed

2. I'm pretty sure that you have to untie them when it starts budding.

3. Last year I tied down the side branches of my plant (the plant had like 6 main colas because I fimmed it a bunch) and the side colas grew great and the top colas that weren't tied down grew great also..

do you have any reason why I should untie them when they bud? think stress might be a factor? The plant still needs as much sun as possible when it is budding right? and tieing a plant down enables it to get more sun?

any other thoughts ?:hello:

4. I'm not too sure bud I just remember someone saying to untie them when they start to bud I could be wrong...

5. I tie mine down and they stayed tied. For stealth reasons, and better yield - the branches reach for the sky and try to make like the main cola.

6. Ok great, thx a lot Spanishfly.. always great to hear from you!

So there is no real point to untieing them during flowering.. if I remember correctly I untied mine last year when they had fair sized buds and the branches just stayed low because they were trained to do so.. but w/e doesn't matter! Thx again!

7. Absolutely .. Mine stayed tied ....

8. OMG main stems split down at the stalk!! the leaves look so dead (very droopy) but the all the stems were still attached to the stalk! I untied them and tied the main stems together for support! Will the plant survire? What else can i do! SHIT

9. would need pictures, but if you caught it before the split dried out and you put it back together it should heal itself.

Next time tie it down early during veg when the stems are more plyable.

10. Yea defiantly.. I dont know why I waited so long.. but thx all you guys for the welcoming comments.. She is still doing badly, the leafs feel completely lifeless.. but I have hope she will someday make a recovery