Just the tip...help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zfc101, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Hello -

Growing some Dutch Passion Autos in soil. I'm about one month in now and first signs of something gone awry are appearing. I germinated them straight into 5g smartpots, in GreenTree organic soil (this soil was highly reccomended by a local experienced grower, and I was instructed that it would carry itself in terms of nutes for the first few weeks atleast). There was no evidence of nute burn from the soil when the plants were small, so I'm not sure why it would start at this point.

I have not started any feeding regiments as of yet. A few days ago, just the very tips of the newest growth appeared to be yellow. The soil has a pH of 6.5, but just to make sure this wasn't a pH issue, i tested the runoff. The pH of the runoff was a perfect 6.5-6.6. I am not sure how to diagnose this issue, any advice is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I've not heard of this soil, like you 'we' gotta trust your advice,

but the indications are that its too hot

note. yellow tips

to correct this I'd extract gently,

by washing it out of the pot

and mix in 20% perlite or clean river sand

water well allow to drain over night or dim light to continue on the morning

check your humidity too

good luck

• Like Like x 1

3. Thanks for the input. I'm just wondering if it is an issue with the soil being too hot, why is it now presenting itself 4+ weeks into the grow? These were planted directly into this soil as a tiny seedling, and they did not show any signs of nutrient burn for the first 4 weeks. I have not started any nutrient regiment - so its not from any additives. The soil was recommended by a professional, said of all the soils he carries, FF, Happy Frog, roots organic, this was his favorite. We talked about planting directly in and he said that would be absolutely fine, that this soil is not too hot. Thanks again for insight - just wanted to give you more information.

• Like Like x 1