"Just Tax the Heck Out of People"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoned budda, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Ron Paul.

2. I just think it's funny when you call people "sheeple" who can't think for themselves because they are under the spell of the media propaganda machine, yet you fell for a hoax that could have been debunked in 5 minutes. That's all.

3. #23 Sam_Spade, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
    On that note, these guys also managed to net about $50,000 bucks. And are now being perused legally.

http://www.randi.org/joom/content/view/211/27/#i1

4. lol, All i posted is that the news was reporting, that two guys in Georgia found a Bigfoot, this was a Tuesday i believe, they said they had a body and were holding a news conference on Friday where they would produce a body and DNA evidence. Bases on that i concluded that "if" they could produce a body and DNA evidence then it "may" be true. I never even posted anything about it after that post, and all i said is it "may" be true.

I cant believe I'm actually taking the time to defend that.

Its a little different that the political pundits and network news anchors carefully choosing their words in order to get their message out, or selectively handing out camera time to the politicians of their choosing and having a total media black out of people or issues that they feel the American people should not know about.

No, they don't have no influence on how the American citizen thinks.

5. [​IMG]

Whatever dude. Let us move on.

6. I forgot about that post, but i never thought two fucking idiots would try and pass off a gorilla suit filed with road kill as Bigfoot. Once i saw the picks however i knew they were full of shit. Agreed lets move on, this is bringing my buzz down.

7. But you had said it was the pictures that had you convinced... now it's what lead you to believe it wasn't true?

ughh... nevermind.

8. lol .

9. Sorry, clarification, the pics i saw were when it first came out, it was only one and the thing was like frozen in a cooler. After awhile they came out with more pics of better quality and you could plainly see it looked like a gorilla suit. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes please move on, this has nothing to do with the thread.

10. I ment still in the election, but I feel you.

11. Lolol
    For some reason this made me laugh.
    "I feel you"
    The words just feel funny when I think them.
    ^____^

12. Im not sure what point that rolling stones article was meant to prove, besides the fact that it was clearly rooting for Obama. Wallstreet buisness men are backing both candidates so I dont undertsand what your trying to say. Wallstreet does not support Obama in the way you think they are. They give him money so he will look the other way and/or help them out. Wallstreet would NEVER support a redistribution of wealth.

The basis of Obamas plan is to send out 1000$ stimulus checks so as to help people with gas prices. Wheres he going to get this money? Oh hes going to tax the OIL companies, sweeeeeet. Lets all just redistribute the wealth. Like it or not oil companies are simply doing their jobs and making money off the current situation, but to Obama there evil and so we shoudl tax them, forcing them out of the country.

Far from anticapitalism? Are you serious? Obama wants to tax a company on the basis that they are making too much profit. That wont scare off buisness or anything.

13. obama wishes to tax high income tax payers and the lower/ middle class would get tax breaks ect...he said nothing about raises taxes...thats mccain propaganda/fox

14. And where did you get this info from, sources please. Because everything I've read says hes gonna raise some taxes.

[​IMG]

15. They will get a $1000.00 windfall profits tax rebate check, not a tax break.

16. The oil companies are making profits- nothing wrong with making profits. But what is wrong is the fact that they're not just making profits- they're being greedy and by doing so are taking advantage of people.

17. that's a great question. Are the oil companies the only ones making a "windfall" profit? How about Microsoft (29% net), Cisco systems (19.7%), pharmaceutical companies, tobacco, etc?

Who determines what constitutes a "windfall" profit? Correct me if i'm wrong, but if they make more profits wouldn't they just be paying more in taxes anyway? That's how it works in my business at least.

18. So they owe us a living?

Of course they don't.

19. exactly what are windfall or excess profits?