Just switch to flower 1 week and have yellow tip leaves??? What does this mean

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arteishacr, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Need help tips of plants turning yellowish

Attached Files:

2. Nute burn or light burn possibly But more than likely nute burn

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 2
  3. It also looks like u r getting the claw some tips of your leaves. What's ur nute schedule and watering schedule and what bran nutes r u using and how much and how often. Need details to be accurate

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  4. Did you change nutes with switching to flower? Looks like mild nute burn. Skip a fert and them dial it back a hair when you resume.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So i have been in flower for one week I haven't used any nutrients yet but planning on using them tomorrow night when I water. I have to water every 2 days because they get dry fast I never let it spill to the bottom. I am using 1000w hps it stays cool in my grow room. I will post a picture of my bloom nutes

6. I have not given nutes yet I will post what I will use

7. Lol. Ok, so not that.

8. Ok,.so no nutes yet and cool temp is good. Distance from light to canopy?

9. If you're having to water every 2 days because the plant is drying out that fast, then sounds to me like your plant could stand a larger container and a repot into some fresh soil. Then you wouldn't have to worry so much about nutes...which are very easy to burn your plants with if you don't know what you're doing. The 1000 watt lamp is very hot so be very sure it's not too close to your plants. They can get pretty close to it, but if you let them get too close it'll bleach out the leaves a bit. Personally, I think that's what you've got here is some light bleaching. Do you or have you been managing the pH of your water? When you have a question about something, give us as much detail about your grow setup and process and history on the plant as you can. The more we know, the easier it is to figure out what's up. And pictures under the hps lighting are just about worthless...as you can see the lighting screws with the color. So if you've got to wait till lights are out and take one under normal light, do that. And when you do post pictures, take more than one and make it of all over the plant...not just one leaf. These things will shed leaves throughout their lives and you can't tell much from a picture of one leaf. Whatever it is, it's certainly not much. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 PatchAttack, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Never let what spill to the bottom? What meduime are you growing in?? You need water runoff every watering. At very least 20% of what u put in should come out almost immediately. Medium should be where u pour very slow cuz if u pour too fast and it goes straight thru and out the bottom. You WANT At LEAST 20% out bottom Everyone u water. Also ONLY water when it needs it. I use my finger, or my soil probe to tell. I water every 3-4days with a few smaller plants i have, just depending on size and size of container. Bigger the plant more they use. Mine are 4ft tall and still in veg, and I water every 2-3days. Just some thoughts. Also don't have ur light too close early until mild/agg veg and then still be careful not to burn ur heat stress ur plants. A small circulation fan around canopy height to help keep tops of plants cooler to be closer.

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 2
  11. And yes u definitely need to start ur nutes. What brand and what all do you have?

PatchAttack

12. She didn't use nutes yet i guess she said...??

PatchAttack

13. Bloom

Attached Files:

14. Yeah. I saw that. You and I are hitting the same diagnosis points though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good distance from like and I have no ph reader yet I have been on the prowl for one

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah for sure. Some good details we could problem fix it for them

PatchAttack

17. Close picture of the leaves

Attached Files:

18. Light looks good. Actually farther than I would have mine but that's my preference. Your soil looks dry. But everything else seems OK. So maybe a bit of a nute def?? What's the ratio in those nutes u have? I couldn't tell. I'm not familiar with that brand myself to know what ratios it has of what

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  19. PH meter I use a Dr Meter PH100 off Amazon for 75$ I saw the other day they were on sale for $50. ..I like it. Easy to use and accurate for me. Also use a Dr meter soil probe 4 in 1 temp moisture soil pH and light ambiance/brightnes. Idk if the light meter is accurate but the soil pH and soil temp and soil moisture level is great. I love it. $25 on amazon. I buy most my stuff there.

No I don't work for Amazon I just get great deals there so thought I'd share. Good luck and keep informed and keep learning!!

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  20. I really appreciate you guys so much this is my first grow and I'm nervous. But with the help of my community I feel better... I will put nutes in tonight with my watering and see how that could help the situation in the next week and keep you updated with pictures.

• Like Like x 1