just starting out.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by YooperGuy84, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Im starting to try and grow my own, im not trying to make the strongest stuff i can yet, im justy trying to get something i can smoke that is good for now, I have a fairly good grasp on almost everything but nutrients, I know i can make female plants, I'm just looking for some simple direction on making some good buds, I dont wanna get real indepth with it yet, just the Essentials for now, any help would be GREAT thanks.:smoke:

2. Firstly, what do you mean by you can "make female plants"? Are you referring to clones? because if not, you cannot choose the sex unless you buy feminized seeds.

About the nutrients.. I'm no expert being on only my 2nd grow, but you want to look at the NPK ratio(Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium) of the nutrients. For the vegetative stage you must wait till about week 3-4 before adding nutes. In veg. you want a nutrient that is higher in N than P and K. In flowering you will want to change your nutes to a fertilizer with higher P than N and K. Start out at around 1/4 of the recommended dosage, and give it to your plants every 2nd or 3rd watering. I personally use Fox Farm nutrients which are pretty popular. You can buy Fox Farm and similar products at your local hydro store, or you can order them online. Also, remember to always PH adjust your nutrient solution to about 6.5-6.8.

Hope this helps and good luck with your grow

3. Ok I recommend reading Vitamin420's Sticky on Nutrients. It's my bible he has pictures of plant issues and everything! Link

But besides that if you stick to these few simple rules you wont need to worry about much.

Get some kind of soil that has the LEAST amount of 'Food' in it as that can nute burn babies.

Only water with distilled water once every 2-3 days, Add a tablespoon of lemon juice per gallon of distilled water. That should knock it down to 6.0 or so, if you water at 30% run-off with that and let your plants dry out properly. You shouldn't run into any PH issues, I messed up giving them nutes too early (25 days into veg) and they are curling.. So I gotta flush myne later.

Now as far as what to give it, try this its simple, cheap and easily found.

Go to Wal-Mart and go into Lawn & Garden. Look for plant food and get Phosphorus Bone Meal, should be 4$. After about 4-6 weeks use 1/4 of what it says on the bag to use.

This is made up of 6-9-0 6% Nitrogen 9% Phosphorus 0% Potassium. This is needed right before you want to flower. Nitrogen and phosphorus are essential for promoting flowering. There are alot of other nutrients you can get too. I'd recommend some kind of dry mix..

I use 6-9-1 to veg and 14-9-1 to flower. you can do this by getting other supplements and dry mixing.

Remember DONT NUTE BABIES :(

4. #4 hipster, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
    Flora Nova Bloom and distilled water. It's a no brainer grow and you shouldn't even have to touch your ph. That's all you need in addition to good soil.