just starting out

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ice, Mar 12, 2003.

1. im just starting out and need a few questions answered , i have a 1000wt and 2, 400wt light set up , metal halide, i am gonna use an 8 x 8 room for veg , and 8 x 8 room for flowering , but should i use the 1000wt for flowering and the 400 wt for veg , or visa versa? also , when i got this set up , co2 regulator came with it , anyone out there have a guide on how to use the regulator?appreciate some help , thanks :)

2. what up ice well 400 isnt gonna be enough for 8x8 the most i would go with it is 4x4 ive never flowered with mh but with 1000 mh I suppose you would get something shit use the 1000 mh for veg try to sell the 400mh and get an hps for the flowering

3. ok , but 2 , 400 wt lights for a 8 x 8 wont work? , and another question bud , i been reading a bit on the lights , and was wondering about the ballasts , to flower i have 2 have a hps ballast is that corrrect? what would happen if i put the sodium bulb connected to the metal halide ballast? also do u have any info on how to use co2 with all of this? i appreciate the help , ive already learned quite a bit just from reading the threads , this place and the people here rock :) ohhh one more thing if i vented up through the chimney , helecopters wont pick that up correct? we do get fly overs here , not alot but a couple times a year anyway , thanx again

4. two 400 hps would be great for the flowering and you do not want to hps in a mh ballast although they do sell confersion bulbs that can be used I wouldnt worry much about fly byes i live in central n.y we get fly byes from august to september and I dont no anyone that has been busted that way just remember loose lips sink ships oh yea the oxygen thing I really cant help ya with but ya might want to check out www.overgrow.com maby someone there will be able to help ya good luck ice

dude why do you have clothes in your closet

5. when you go to flower just buy some hps conversion bulbs ..it's the cheapest way ...it uses the MH ballist to run the sodium bulbs....