Just starting out

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Stoniecat, Nov 24, 2012.

1. So like the title said, I'm just starting out. And I would like to get some ideas, and opinions from others. I know a lot of you are serious body builders and I'm really not looking for that. I'm just looking to regain my life.

Ill give you a bit of background info:

I'm disabled with arthritis and osteoporosis in my lower spine. The mussels on the right side of my hip/back are degenerating. And I have nerve damage in my back and right leg. And I'm 35. So you can guess that with all this I'm also a larger woman. Which makes everything worse.

Yesterday my aunt ( gods/ess bless her soul) worked out a deal with her gym that if she volunteered 3 hrs a week if her time, the gym will sponsor a membership for me. And one of the women there is willing to help me, by teaching me exercises I can do while in a pool.

Curious I looked some up online. And came across water jogging. And I was wondering what others thought if it. And if any one else can point me in the right area to find other things I can do in a pool until I'm able to do more impact aggressive things. Like the treadmill.

Thanks guys!