Just started growing my first plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joecast44, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Hey everyone I just recently started growing my first plant, and I have a few worries such as the leaves seem to be growing slowly. Also, the stem was very long before I changed the plant into a larger pot. I started growing the plant in a turtle tank from a seed and now have it under a 70 watt fluorescent light.

2. Slow growth and long stems....you need more light on that girl to start with. With fluorescents I would aim for 150 actual watts per plant. What's your medium? Pot size? Any nutes? I assume its out of the turtle tank now?

3. I'm using a mix of potting soil and sand along with manure. The pot is about 5 inches deep 6 inches in diameter and the plant is about 4 inches to 5 inches tall, yet it has been nearly 14 days. I would upload pics if possible but I am a new user

4. Also I have not used any nutes yet as I am waiting for the plant to get bigger before feeding it nutrients

5. Here she is

Attached Files:

6. She looks good besides a little slow growth. Probably a combination of not enough light and your soil holding a little too much moisture. Some perlite in that mix would do wonders I think, maybe a 25% ratio. How long in between waterings?

7. I think so far you are on the right track and stumpie is giving good advice. I would add to be careful when you start adding nutes as your potting soil manure combo is already feeding the plant and a combo of the mix and even a small amount if nute could end up burning her. Veg needs very little nutes anyway so take it easy.

8. I water the plant every 2 to 3 days

9. Is the soil dry when you water?

10. Slightly, not totally dehydrated though.. I don't have proper light I'm sure about, the plant was on a floating Island in turtle tank with a basic tank light for 1 week, and now I'm just using a ceiling light. Where can I find the proper materials?

11. Here's a picture of my grow spot is it suitable?

Attached Files: