Just started first grow project and got some questions...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Slyfox6, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Hi all, I was pointed to this site by a friend who said this place was the best place for information on growing questions so here goes.

I've started my first grow attempt with just a single plant. It has sprouted up and is already about 2 inches tall in a tiny clay pot with draining holes. I placed it in potting soil with a good ph rating and put it in a box with reflective foil all around it. Im currently using a Slyvania "spot grow" bulb that is 60 actual watts. I've got a fan running through the box keeping the temperature around 80-85 and I only water when the top soil appears dry.

Reading around the forums I'm starting to think that this may not be the correct bulb etc. Any suggestions? I'l be able to post up pictures tomorrow to give a better idea.

Thanks! :eek:

2. a lot of people here dont like using foil, there are many reasons lol, but its just best not to use it :D

a coat of white paint or Mylar will help reflect light better and more evenly.

id also throw another bulb in there, the more lights the better lol.

this guy has a pretty clear and consise grow guide, it covers all the basics, and should help you out more than i could lol

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...-comlete-guide-growing-your-own-cannabis.html

3. Thanks for the response and the link. That guide was really helpful.

Just took a trip to the store and got some white paint (didn't have mylar) and some 6500k daylight cfl bulbs.

Hoping this will enhance my first attempt. :D

4. yeah np, im actually not a grower(yet, just started germinating some seeds lol), just been dickin around on the forums for a few days.

yeah my Home Depot didnt have mylar either :( and i fucked up and got the wrong type of lamp haha.

and pretty much anything on this site will enhance your bud lol read everything you can, and check out some of the grow journals...its kind of nice to be able to see a successful grow from start to finish :D and you can get some badass ideas from some of these herbmiesters. in fact, the guy who wrote that guide has like 4 of em on this site lol

well, heres hopin we produce some ganja :smoking: