Just Started -- a few basic questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grassrocks, Dec 24, 2014.

1. I just started my first grow.  It's in a PC and I have a few questions for you guys:

Should the seed be planted with the round dark spot facing up or the opposite end that is somewhat pointier facing up?

Is drainage important?  Should I put the soil in the plastic bin or should I put a pot in the plastic bin with the soil in the pot?

How do I know when the soil is wet enough?

Is 24 hour light OK for now?

2. Hi welcome to your first grow.

Pointed end up.

Yes drainage is important plants need oxygen. Plant it in something that drains.

Water it well until it runs out of the bottom for a bit. Then let it dry before you water again.

24 hours is fine for veg.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awesome, thank you.  How about putting one of those 1 gallon breathable grow bags in the plastic bin?

4. No... The pointed end is where the root sprouts and thats the end you want pointing down into the soil. If your really not sure just germinate it in a wet paper towel and when the root comes out plant that end intowards the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you don't know how to grow, then you better start reading. There is a plethura of info on the web on how to grow quality weed.
    The pointy end of the seed should be facing down in the soil. Plant about an 8th of an inch deep. Keep a water spray bottle on hand to keep the soil moist. Good luck.

6. Listen to weed is evil on this one. Ive sprouted 100's of seeds. You want the pointy end down. No matter what though, the seed knows what is up and down and will grow appropriately.

7. You will want a tray under that to capture runoff, but otherwise that will be great.

8. My bad lol not sure how I managed that one.

9. #9 grassrocks, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    Is it OK to plant seeds directly in BAS?

How often should I water?

Is there any advantage to using grow bags instead of plastic pots?