just some quick simple questions for a new grower :)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Nicholas.s, Aug 24, 2017.

1. #1 Nicholas.s, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Hey guys! These questions will be based on Ventilation.
    First off, before you guys say so- I have in fact read the "Ventilation FAQ" that is sticky-ed, however I do have a few more questions!

NOTE: I built a grow tent based on the size of the box of a standard PC case
    [EDIT] Will be using a 50 watt LED (Micro grow)
    [EDIT] Also maybe chucking in a 20 watt CFL if it makes a difference (Have it lying around)

1. From what I gathered from the "Ventilation FAQ", I cam able to use a simple PC fan or my ventilation - which will be attached to a (DIY) carbon filter - am i correct in thinking this? Or will I have to aim for something that can push a little more?

2a. How big should my PASSIVE intake hole be?
    2b. If I fuck up on the hole size and make it too big, what will this affect? Just the odor leaks? or the air circulation itself?
    2c. Placing some carbon cloth on the intake hole is a good idea right? To keep any cheeky escaping odors in.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for some stupid questions!

2. Ventingg is tied in with the light you use

a 4 inch hole about right for a pc case is a joke if you have a 400w hps in their ...lol

2a. How big should my PASSIVE intake hole be?

same or a little larger than the outlet, let your temp gauge be the guide

2b. If I fuck up on the hole size and make it too big, what will this affect?
    Just the odor leaks? or the air circulation itself?

stink will leak, no biggy for many, use a cardboard,ply template to reduce hole

2c. Placing some carbon cloth on the intake hole is a good idea right? To keep any cheeky escaping odors in.

all the more reason for a bigger fan,more rpm to suck thru that clothe

good luck

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thank you for your response, simple and stright to the point :)

Will be using a 50 watt LED (Micro grow)
    Also maybe chucking in a 20 watt CFL if it makes a difference (Have it lying around)

PC Fan good enough or no?

4. sounds good!

but ...you won't know until you try

..lol

good luck

5. Alright, will give it a go. Thanks for the help

6. Super micro grows like yours are very challenging in managing temps , humidity and growth, . As vostok said, you will have to give it a try. Send pix.

7. What has the humidity got to be like? Actually the one thing i never thought about.. Also i will be attempting LST so we will see how it goes. Maybe ill grow two plants and performing LST on only one! Just to experiment :)

[EDIT]: actually, sorry, i guess ill just use google and save you the trouble of explaining! Thanks for bringing in the idea, though.

8. I doing a small cupboard grow and I'm using 2 usb 3 inch fans had no issues so far but I'm just a beginner no experience on this...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Love seeing the hard work!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Humidity around 50%

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]
    Taken just now

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. How she looking? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Im jealous...

• Like Like x 2
  14. She's really small for her age but she's gone mad since put 600w full spec in

• Like Like x 1
  15. Was doing some research on this other day as awaiting meter myself was advised 50-70% RH vegetation with temps of 23-25c (75-78f) lights off 5/10 lower
    And 40% RH flower with same temps and less RH for harvest maybe 25/30

Is this about right?

16. Quick update

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. where's the update?

18. Sorry been away