just snapped a third of my plant off. IT MUST ROOT!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Littletoast, Apr 8, 2013.

1. i hope the title caught your attention like the snap of the main stalk caught mine:(
    i put too much tension on it while tying it down. how stupid. should of known it wasnt strong enough to go the way i wanted it to go. it wasnt much of it, but it was a good bit of new growth. i cut it at an angle and trimmed the leaves. ive never tried cloning but i am aware of a few ways of doing it. however i want this top to root badly. and im low on equipment. i have a single 4 inch air stone and a pump. ive rigged up a small rubbermaid container but im not confident in it working. i have no rooting gel or hormones either.
    Idk why i really posted this. maybe just as a conversation starter. its pretty funny i guess. maybe some reassurance would be nice. ive heard alot of talk from friends saying theyve never had much luck with rooting clones like i am trying.

2. You should have just duct tapped it back together and tied her to a stick.

3. ya you would be suprised at how well they continue to do after a little patch (duct tape)

4. Try some Bonsai glue,awesome shit:)

5. LITFA works surprisingly well for situations like this but since you didn't, keep those bubbles going and change the water every other day or so. If she wilts remove some more leaves and try to raise the humidity( with a dome or plastic bag etc.) Good luck bro.

mj

6. Check out Air Layering technic for cloninghttp://youtu.be/bOq3Y6lOVJA

7. Any roots yet?:confused:

mj:smoking:

8. well join the all organic cloning! cute a few fan leaves and throw it in some coco coir. 3 weeks and itll be really well rooted

9. So long as you have bubbles in water, in a DARK rubbermaid you should be fine, no sense in using a humidity dome or bag as the plant is in water, change water every second day, keep the root zone dark...you will be fine

10. hey man I did this a week ago, to last to move a fan trying to supercrop leaning over the entire 4x4 space. I always clone so I cloned the top anyway, but the plant is fine now, I gave her a bit of superthrive and tlc. the side shoots are filling in very nicely now. its a good a little bush lol

11. not sure about cloning part though, cant you just go buy some rockwool or w.e. you need. equipment to clone is pretty damn cheap, don't need airstones rooting hormone or anything if you really cant get anything. but ive never not used rockwool.