Just saw the most f'ed up movie ever about heroin (not requiem!)

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Trainspotting. :eek: 1000000000x worse than requiem for a dream. :( NEVER EVER smoke and watch this movie, dead baby scene and the dead baby hallucination scene will give me nightmares for months. :(

2. how was requiem a fucked up movie in your opinion?

3. For real, the end of Trainspotting is like inspirational.

Choose life. Fucking right.

4. I should watch this movie.

5. ^^It's incredible. :hello:

6. uhh, because it is complete and total human dependance on drugs and physical addiction at its worst. It is highly disturbing to see other humans in a state of such misery and suffering. :(

7. It's a lesson to learn. Real life, if you get sick by stuff like this you gotta open your eyes son, this shit is EVERYWHERE.

I respect your opinion though and know where you are commin' from.

-Mark

8. That's exactly what Requiem is, but in the end of that movie, everyone gets screwed.

9. Ever seen basketball diaries? Just like requim.

10. ive seen requiem and this is a lot more disturbing imo. The baby scene was possibly the most horrifying and shocking thing ive ever seen.

11. i know all this and that is what disturbs me, because i know there are A LOT of people that live like this. It would not disturb me if I knew it wasn't realistic.

12. Who here laughed when the baby falls on Renton? But yeah that movie is great. Glad I've come to be the proud owner of that DVD.

13. Same. The scene where he goes swimming in the toilet is hysterical. :laughing:

14. I am going to show my kid's requiem and trainspotting as soon as they turn 14 to make sure they never ever try hard drugs. :D

15. I own Trainspotting but have somehow never seen Requiem. It seems like I got the less well known one and haven't seen the popular one.

16. kinda saw it a little late didnt ya... been out for like 8 yrs now? anyway. its a good movie. didnt give me nightmares but im not a little kid. take care and smoke pot

17. You've obviously never been through a narco 12-step program... now that's depressing....

18. I love this movie.

19. Trainspottings funny as hell, how bout when they shot that fuckin dog in the nutz with a pellet gun, lol.

20. i remember when my mom was a manager of a Video Update store back in the day she got a bunch of movies for free and i remember i used to watch The Rock like every weekend and in the previews they showed that movie but i never cared to see it. but then again i was like 10 when she worked there and i wasnt even remotely into drugs at the time except for my ADD meds which i was on for a week then she took me off them.

but dang sounds like some hype, ill have to check it out

i just remember when the guy goes to the interview for the job and he is like "i take pleasure... in other people's leasure". i dont know why but that has stuck with me since. just sounds funny