Just removed our decades old deck!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Anonymous710, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Just curious... after removing this rotting deck... the soil beneath is teeming with worms... after all these years and dead leaf matter and what not ... is this good soil to grow in?

2. I'd amend and let cook first adding chicken poop etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ahhh ok! No chicken poop here plus this is texas soil after about a foot it's straight clay! What would you recommend as amendments? Besides chicken poo that is...

4. Fresh cow or horse manure will work. Around here, you just find a horse boarding stable and explain you are putting in a garden soon and ask if you can clean a few pens up. The stable owner and a few horses get a cleaned pen, you get free manure. Everybody's happy! :biggrin:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  5. You need a bunch of sand for clay based soil... After many years of working it into the soil it will eventually help.

No, it's not good soil to grow in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ohh wow good idea I have family that works near stables! That's just gonna be a weird question to ask lol!

7. I'm growing indoors currently as well... only prob is I can only grow one plant ... this is my best dwc grow yet thanks to random ass autoflower gentics!

Attached Files:

8. @Anonymous710 Don't worry! It is VERY unlikely that the stable hasn't been asked about manure before! :laughing:

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Anonymous710, Beautiful plant!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you! Hopefully I hit 8 ozs!

11. Chicken and alpaca make awesome manure.

Horse/cow is a different story in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. you said it buddy ...for $25.00 get a lab test and follow the order ....lol