Just realized something... hear me out

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by fuckthecops, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I just realized one of the reasons why so many people are opposed to legalizing weed and drugs. In today's world, there is barely any privacy. Everybody posts every minute detail about their live on Facebook and social networking sites: where they are, what they are doing, who they are with, etc. Not to mention cell phones, and the internet in general. Basically the immense lack of privacy these days is making people nosy motherfuckers. I think the main obstacle of legalization used to be misinformation. Don't get me wrong, people are still misinformed, but the main problem today is that because there is such a lack of privacy, everybody wants to be, and CAN be, in everyone else's business. Therefore, when they see someone doing something that they disagree with, they think its their business and make it their business.

I honestly believe in the legalization of all drugs. Why? Because I will never take hard drugs. What the fuck do I care if a stranger does it? And honestly, if a friend wants to do hard drugs, its not my fucking business! Sure, if I see that they are fucking up I will say something, but it is definitely NOT my place to tell another adult what to do with themselves.

The same thing applies to weed. If I want to smoke weed, its my fucking business! Just like how if I wanna cut the shit out of my arms everyday, its none of your fucking business! Its my goddamn body! Get the fuck out of my life! I can do with it whatever the fuck I please! :mad:

2. Not sure if it's new technology's fault.. But you're right, people don't know how the fuck to mind their own business but people have always had issues with that I think. If it's not infringing on the rights or well being of another person, how can anything somebody does be a problem for somebody else?

It's pretty obvious you can smoke and still contribute to society.. So the only reason somebody could object is simply because they personally don't like marijuana.. Which is a bullshit reason to give a fuck

3. in eastern massachusetts (or at least my town), thats the way it is. everyone wants to know eachothers business. but the cops are more or less chill. i got bagged once for weed cuz i was being an idiot and chillin in a van at the end of a sketchy neighborhood rippin bong while my dealer weighed out a few bags. but ive smoked alllll over my town and as long as you keep out of peoples business, and keep it out of the eyes of others, the cops dont wanna fuck around with a kid smokin pot on a random side street that's out of the way of others. if a cop were to see me rollin a blee at the edge of the woods or something he's only gunna fuck me if im rollin a blee as a mom and 2 kids are walking by haha basically, they know weed is fine they just have to look good and make a bust if there is people watching. otherwise they tend to look the other way. just gotta be smart. yeh this shit is illegal but if you keep yourself out of shitty situations then youre fine in a lot of places.

4. maybe in suburbia, but for people living in cities, its hell. Even though weed is decriminalized in NYC, NYC has the most arrests for marijuana possession in the country! Hence my username! I absolutely hate the NYPD

5. Abandon the "it's my body" angle.
    People who are still against legalization have quick retorts to that contention:

"Oh, so some DOPER can get high and get behind the wheel just because it's their body, yada yada."

"It's because it's dangerous and causes cancer."

You've seen the canned responses before. Unless you are prepared to back up the "my body" argument with studies on driving safety, violent crime stats, etc. I'd look to another argument that does not take 12 other lengthy arguments to substantiate.

I like this one better:
    "The Federal government has a patent on pot as medicine." ;)

6. no I think its still a good argument. Its the same thing with alcohol. You can drink but you can't drink and drive. As long as I'm not endangering someone else, it shouldnt be an issue.

And violent crimes? What violent crimes? Nobody commits crimes because of weed. Only because of dealing weed. There is a big difference. Plus, how many violent crimes have been caused by the consumption of alcohol?

7. I see what you're saying but I can't completely connect to your thinking, maybe if I was high.