Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just Quit Smoking Poppers... Constant tickle in my throat / cough?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ms__gilbrt, Jan 17, 2015.

1. I smoked herb on it's own for 3+ years before starting to experiment with poppers (tobacco + sprinkled with some herb) for roughly a year in total... I smoked cigarette's on and off before that. 

Anyway, I just quit smoking for the first time in awhile and have been coughing up mucus with black/brown specks in it (tar i'm assuming) 

I'm curious as to how long it will take for me to stop coughing up this stuff and when this annoying constant tickle in my throat will start to go away? (It seems to be worse at night to the point where I can't sleep because i'm constantly coughing no matter how much water or hot tea I drink) 

I have been using my vaporizer on occasion to get high (just herb) instead of smoking out of my bong like I normally would. Any input / advice would be great. 

p.s 
    I don't need to be told how it's a waste of good herb to mix it with tobacco... I'm aware that it's gross and not a flattering habit. I'm over it honestly, I just want to be able to breathe easily again. 

2. #2 Iceni Toker, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    I had the same thing man, lasted about a week or so. Don't start smoking the poppers again because once your lungs clear themselves of all the shit it feels so much cleaner.
    Its not nice I know, you just gotta deal with it for now though dude.

3. Same shit happened to me after I stopped smoking the sticks too. I was hacking up some gnarly shit, my chest started to feel lighter. You'll feel great after your body rids itself of all the gunk.

Pce

4. I do believe the constant tickle is from excess plehgm and probably some tar

5. My best advice is either quit smoking for a while, switch to dabs, vaporizers or edibles. Also some cardio wouldn't hurt.