Just quit my job

Discussion in 'General' started by IndyAir, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Just right now resigned from my job.

But I did it in style, out in a blaze of glory.

My manager, had been bad mouthing me since day one. Speaking to me like I am some idiot that can't count to 10. Even takes her time to come in on her days off and phones me on my days off to crap on me for the most stupid and insignificant things.

Well, today I was at work. Doing my thing. Working like I should. And from the shadows, who pops in on her day off. My manager. Starts bad mouthing me in front of customers in the store. Little did she know I wasn't in a good mood lol :smoke:

Well, I am normally a really conservative person and don't like to offend people, even a little. This however wasn't a normal day haha.

I just started going off at her. Customers were laughing at her to boot (watching the little guy take on the big cheese).

Sorry for the near pointless post, just gave me my ego boost for the day haha.

Merry Christmas all :cool:

2. Haha goodjob man! Sometimes you just need to stick up for yourself and not let people walk all over you !:smoke:

3. #3 NySt0nerPunk, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
    sounds like some bs happening, But mostly it's having the boss mentality, You have no right to treat someone like shit though, you did the right thing,

the manager sounds like a stupid mf
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRgG_eA46dc&feature=related]YouTube - MSI - Stupid MF lyrics[/ame]

4. good to stick up for yourself, but a bummer to lose a job. good luck and happy holidays

5. Sounds like my first manager. One day I was handing orders out in the drive-thru (Burger King) for the first time ever, I was on maybe the 3rd order I've ever handed out in the drive-thru and I accidentally handed the wrong one out. The guy hadn't taken off yet but still my manager gets about 6 inches from my faces (it's also about 1:00 PM so it's really busy) and starts literally screaming in my face that I'm going to "fuck everything up." It took a lot for me to not walk out the door that day.

6. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I do not normally act like this. But this has been going on everyday solid for two months and I just hit my limit.

I wanted to resign normally at the end of this month, but oh well. The clock keeps tuning ;)

The nice thing was that customers actually came up to me and said things like "well done" and other encouraging things. So that at least made it clear in my mind I did the correct thing

7. next step is to use all of your sabving and invest in grow equipment.

8. I think you would be scared how close to the truth this really is...

9. Managers in the food/service industry are always bitchy or dicks.

They must hate their lives... No degree. :p