Just planted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GoingPostal, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Hey GC. After lurking for a long time and plotting, I finally got my seeds in the mail. I'm doing one plant at a time, so I began germinating a seed within the same day that I got them in the mail.

I germinated it for about a day and 3-5 hours. By that time the tap root was sticking out quite a bit. I then put the seed into a plastic cup with holes cut in the bottom and filled with soil. But first I made a little indentation with my finger and then dropped the seed in and then put soil over that. I had watered the soil before I put the seed in a little bit and then I sprinkled some drops on over the seed.

Right now the seed is in my growbox under 5 "daylight" CFL's. They are the more bluish ones if you know them by a different name. I have my timer set to 18/6 as well. That was last night.

So that's what I have so far. When do you guys think I'll see some growth? Oh, also, the strain is Northern Lights from Nirvana.

2. Are they feminized seeds? Because starting only one could turn out to be a month of wasted time if it turns out to be male.

3. Nope, regular seeds. It COULD be a month of wasted time, but at least I'll have the experience. Also, there's really nothing I can do.

4. Why cant you plant a few seeds?

5. Not enough lights.

6. perhaps not for shrubs, but you should be fine just starting out with a few seedlings, once you find a good female you can focus your efforts and destroy the rest.

7. Really? You think I could have say, 3 seedlings going at once under roughly 100w of CFL's? I would have to wait until a little into the flowering stage to see if they are male or female. I don't think 100w could get 3 plants through the veg stage. Maybe 2, but I doubt that as well.

8. If they were kept in cups they would stay smaller and could probably fit under a few cfl's equaling 100 watts.

9. Seedlings and clones dont need to be bombared with light.
    It could be possible to veg 3 plants under a 100w cfl, they might be stretchy and take their time growing but it's still possible.

10. I think I'll go with 2, thanks for the advice.