Just planted my seedlings. When do I water them?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by K.T. Rich, Apr 6, 2007.

1. I am assuming to should not water the seedlings I just planted yet, right?

I followed Granpa's Grow Guide as sticked at the top of this forum. It said to cover with plastic wrap to keep humidity out.

When should I start watering? When they sprout?

Thanks in advance,

K.T. Rich

2. Your watering schedule will revolve around the dryness of the soil. You put your finger about 2 inches in, if it's dry, water, if it's not, let it go another couple of days.

There's no set time to start because soil will dry out differently from grow to grow due to different lighting/temps/humidity...etc.

Letting the soil get dry for short periods of time is not bad, it lets air in and air is good for roots. Now when I say SHORT PERIODS OF TIME, I mean REAL SHORT....

Overwatering is hard to fix, under watering is not cuz you can add more water. Your plant will start to droop from over/underwatering so basically let the plant tell you what to do and when.

3. wonderful advice did not anwser the ? but wonderful advice. you should have watered before putting seed in soil. that should be enough until the plant starts poping out the soil. put a paper towel over the top of the container until plants pop out of soil. this will keep the top of your soil from drying out. if top dryes out the plant will not be able to break the surface of the soil.

good luck holla back

4. Yes it did answer the question:

K.T. Rich basically asked when he should water
    shadowclown basically told him when your soil is dry 2 inches down