Just planted my seed, help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stckyfngrs, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Hi everyone I just germinated my seeds using paper towel method. I then placed them in about 1" in my small pots filled with promix bx under a 400 watt MH in my closet with a small fan. I'm going to give them 18/6 light schedule now. Does this all sounds like i'm doing everything right so far?

2. sounds good, if you have a few cfls (42 wts)or one large one (150wts+) you can turn off the MH for a few weeks and let them grow under that until they start to take off, then you can turn on the MH. it will save you heat and elec, without harming the plants. ANd for the cfls i mean actuall watss of 42 not = to 42wts incadesent as as the box says most times.

3. Thanks im new to growing so I want to keep away from any mistakes so I can achieve my goals. My only option is to use the 400 MH... Im keeping it 3 feet away...the room is midly warm but I got the fan blowing above the soil so its keeping it cool. I also will leave the close door open at times but they will only be in here til June then i'm putting them outside.

4. if you can have the fan blowing across the bulb and exhausting out, it will keep the plant, soil and room cooler than blowing it across the soil. blowing it across the soil/plant directly can cause moisture loss from the soil and plant if speed is too high.

5. Should I cover my pots with plastic wrap to form a humidity dome? or is that necessary since the seeds have already cracked and now im just waiting for them to break soil?

6. It may take up to 2 weeks to get them to sprout above the dirt but usually they sprout within a week. I have 3 autoflowers and 1 purple skunk im growing and they all sprouted within a week in the soil.

7. Should I cover my pots with plastic wrap to form a humidity dome? or is that necessary since the seeds have already cracked and now im just waiting for them to break soil?

I have had them under 400 watt MH 18/6 for 2 days now without a humidity dome, is it safe for them to not have a humidity dome?