Just out of curiousity; Is anyone else on GC a diabetic?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by zombie_teen, Nov 12, 2009.

1. I realize that there are probably dozens of diabetics on GC, but it rarely comes up in social circles, so I firgured I'd ask. I personally, have been a Type 1 diabetic for almost 10 years now, and have only recently started smoking weed. Also, does anyone within this catergory find MJ to be of any relief of common diabetic symptoms/problems?

Completly unrelated, I also like to ask people who I find to be diabetic what their Sugar level was when they were first admitted in Urgent Care for diabetes; Mine was 1461.

2. not me, someone i know. the nicest girl you'll ever meet.

full of sunshine.

3. Hey there, I am also a type 1 diabetic, i am 19 years old, i was diagnosed about 7 months ago, i have a doctors rec for mj, i think that it helps with my diabetes. I also have anxiety/ depression and the mj works for me in that sense too. Proud to be a diabetic :wave:

Oh and when i was admitted mine was about 570, no family history, just out of nowhere. changed my life completely!

4. my grandparents on both sides have it, as does my aunt. so chances are i'll get it. i really should do something about my eating habits and weight...but i dont.

5. I'm also 19, was diagnosed two years ago and have been on the pump for around ten months. I was only 400 when I was admitted to the hospital but in bad DKA and stayed in the ICU for three days. It helps relieve nausea when my sugar spikes up, I mainly use it recreationally though :smoking:

6. I'm a type one diabetic and have been since I was 7 and a half years old (now I'm 19), so it's been a long time... I have tended to notice that everytime I smoke it brings my sugars down a couple points. I'm from Canada so our meters read 1.0-40.0, a good blood sugar is between 4.5 and 9.0.

I've been smoking for 7 years (smoking daily everyday for 4 years).

When I was admitted into the hospital my blood sugar read 40.2 (which is really high, sometimes by this time and point your dead or severly sick) but I seemed to be okay. I generally just had to go pee a lot, never really got physically sick.