Just ordered the SSV.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by thefour20man, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Whats goin on fellow tokers?

I just ordered my first good quality vaporizer and its called the silver surfer vaporizer.. Im hoping this vape will be worth buying, so if anybody else out there who has an ssv can tell me how it is and whats better between the ground glass connection or the standard.

Thanks
    :smoke:

EDIT: was worth buying*

2. I don't actually have an SSV, but I have used them and am very familiar with them. They are very well regarded in general, they work very well, and are many people's favorite vape. They aren't the most efficient vapes, but they can range from fairly efficient to huge hits/not very efficient (always much more efficient than smoking though). They give pretty good flavor because of the all glass airpath, though the whip itself can take away a small bit, not really a big issue though, just a downside to whip vapes in general. Overall its considered one of the best, and I'm fairly sure you'll be very happy with your purchase.
    As for ground glass vs standard, there is no better, its just preference. The hole in the SSV is pretty small, and the regular connection allows you to change the angle that the air hits your bud, and to direct the hot air to specific areas on the bud, getting a nice, even vape, and giving you a high level of control over the process of vaping. The ground glass joint is simpler to use in that you can just put the whip on, twist a bit, and then just do your thing...you don't have to hold it or rotate it or anything like that. I would say the standard connection can give a better experience, while the ground glass is better for being lazy, and for people who don't want to take the time to learn to use the thing (like friends who want to hit it...etc)....at $15 each I would probably just get both and use the ground one when I'm feeling lazy or friends are over.

3. thanks man, this helped out.