Just ordered the DR80

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whiteb0inewb, Jun 5, 2011.

1. So I just placed my order for the DR80. Im upgrading from CFL's and a cardboard box to (eventually) a 400 watt cool tube inside the DR80. Pretty excited because I have been in constant combat with my cardboard box to keep temps down. Just need an inline fan and some ducting and Ill be on my way! Just started flowering my girls in the cardboard box - so excited about that.

Just can't wait to get it all set up and running :hello:

2. great tent, you wont be let down. keep in mind the vents are 5" so 6" ducting won't fit so I had to go with 4" everything but thats ok.

3. yea thats what I was most worried about. Best way to suck the air away from the cool tube would be leave one end of the cool tube open to pull air from the tent and have 6" ducting run from the other side to of the tube to the top of the tent and connect it to a 6"-4" reducer and a 4" duct running out the tent to the 4" inline?

so basically....cooltube-->6" ducting-->6" to 4" reducer-->4" ducting--(out the tent through vent)--> inline

and how do you recommend I bring fresh air in to the tent?

4. Im reading that the DR80 and a 400 watt hps is a mistake. Is this true? Is any one growing with a 400 watt hps in the DR80 (or have in the past?) Im worried about temps as it is now I dont want to have to worry about it with a new tent as well

should I go with a 250 watt hps cool tube?

5. I run a dr80 with a 400w and a sun system yeildmaster II hood, temps arent an issue at all. I just use a 4" centrifugal fan turned way down to draw air through a carbon filter, the hood, then out of the tent. I wouldnt go any smaller than a 400 for that space.

6. Thanks for the reply and putting my worries to rest. Do yo have the fan in the tent using 4" ducting out the 5" vents? That's what I'm thinking of doing. Also how long is your cooltube? I think I just purchased one that is 27" long :eek: , im afraid with ducting etc it won't fit correctly