Just One Of The Things I Learned This Yr

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by pogmohoin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Bigger pots = Bigger plants

It is my first grow so i went with 13 ltr pots. (silly me)
    Im goin with 25 Gallon Grow Bags for next yr.

DSCF7251.JPG

DSCF7252.JPG

2. amen to that brotha! howd your harvest go?

3. Lets see some plant pics! Next year just transplant a week or two before they go into flower.

4. The pots in picture are from male plants.

Had 4 Autos, 2 of them were ravaged by mold but still managed about 2oz from 4 on my first try.

I was never as happy as the day I realised I could grow something better than I can buy. I impressed myself.

5. You recommend using the same pots but transplant 2 weeks before flower?
    Will they have time to take to the new Grow Bags?

6. transplanting in the same spot wont do anything lol. youd just be swapping pots. you need a bigger one and add more soil

7. It depends on your growing tactics;) If done right a pot that size will give you a pound. More depending on the strain.

8. I'd say if I did another yr with the same equipment I'd eventually perfect it, and get 400g like the pack says, but I'd rather try bigger pots and see if there is much of a difference. Ill still be feeding and watering the same as this yr, so its goin to be a good comparison.

Where I went wrong I think was not letting the soil dry out enough, for long enough.

9. Use smart pots. They work bomb. I have the 45 gallon smart pots an I am pushing 6x6 plants. I just chopped I will put a pic up of my root ball not bound up to bad for being in the same pot for 6 months

10. #10 5150, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    I am pretty sure I will get closer to 2lbs in 25g pots this year. Just barrels cut in half.

FFOF soil with 30% perlite mix. FF trio ferts.

I do transplant up. Red cups to 1g pots. After about 2 weeks or so I transplant up to 3g pot. Another 2 weeks then they go into 25g barrel pots. I like transplanting up building large root balls before they go into final pot. I get more exploding growth and a nice compact rootball for the final home. I do not feed any ferts during this time. The FF soil has plenty of food for 2 weeks time. So each transplant up you are feeding them good.

I water little but water super heavy when I do. In the 25g pot I run over a gallon of runoff out the bottom of the pot.

What I learned from growing for 10 year now? To Much Love is bad for your plants. More so with new growers.

Edit: Only add 30% perlite if growing in backyard. They go thru way to much water for the bush. Expect to use lots of FF grow big. And water daily in higher heat. I only water the plants when they need it. I have 12 plants. I never water them at the same time. Each plant needs water at different times. I never water all them togather. I am anal about overwatering. How I water is the single hardest thing about my grow. By flower I am watering about 6 plant a day at the same time. But during veg I am really anal about each plants watering. I also PH all my fert water to 6.8. I do not ph my 7.0 tap water. I used baking soda for PH up. And lemon juice for PH down. FFOF soil is PH stable at 6.8 out of the bag. So thats why I PH my water to 6.8. Just seems like a good match and it works well for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. What?
    Read the posts first.