just need someone to talk to

Discussion in 'General' started by stinkyy, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys long time stoner here and a too long a time drunk. Well Im away from home right now down in Florida taking care of some business. I have been drinking whiskey for about 5 days straight and just feeling depressed right now. I cut myself off from the world for 2 days straight and now everyone is pissed at me. The reason is because I worried everyone because no one knew what happened to me. The only one that i actually care about is my girlfriend Alyssa. She says she is leaving me but I'm sure she will take me back. I'm sure no one will find this very interesting to read but if anyone wants to cheer up an old drunk please feel free. p.s. congrats to everyone for the legalization in colorado and washington i didnt see this one coming

2. You have one life bro why not do the best you can do. Here are my thoughts. Put down the bottle and clean yourself up for like a week. If you don't feel great that week and see a positive difference then go back to your old life. At least you have given it a try.

3. I don't see how people drink alone, shits boring.

4. Thanks bro. I will give it a try. I really don't know why i drink. I have sobered up but it never lasts. I am really blessed in many ways and really shouldn't be depressed about much of anything. I have been drinking hard for 10 years now ever since i was 19. I might just have to go smoke a joint of this dirty ass mexican weed i picked up and think about why i do the dumb shit I keep doing. Thank you so much for the advice.

5. notajew i guess i just like getting fucked up i don't know why i like to drink alone myself

6. Well at least people care about you enough to be pissed that you cut them off for two days.

7. No problem man. Another thing I would say is to get a gym membership and get into the whole eating right, working out thing. I used to be depressed quite often and not really going anywhere in life but once I got into bodybuilding and other things my life really turned around. Gotta focus on mind, body and soul.

8. Damn I needa stop drinking

9. time to start drinking

10. +1. Eat right, exercize, stop drinking, and keep it green :D. And just enjoy things for what they are! I've found staying active and doing things (getting out of the house) keeps me motivated and happy :). Hope you feel better soon!

11. anyone here stop drinking without going to aa? i actually want to stop. maybe i should go to a theripist

12. thank you cronic

13. I would recommend seeing a therapist. Not just for alcohol or depression. I believe even "healthy and happy" people should see one. Just someone you can always talk to about anything in your life.

14. what kind of business?

15. [quote name='"The innovator"']You have one life bro why not do the best you can do. Here are my thoughts. Put down the bottle and clean yourself up for like a week. If you don't feel great that week and see a positive difference then go back to your old life. At least you have given it a try.[/quote]

How do you know you only have one life? You could "die" but actually be transported to another deminsion.

16. i own a couple of rentals and needed to rent one out. i guess also the business of whiskey. i know this is going to be really hard for me but i think i am going to try to stop drinking again. i know people say that you have to want to quit for yourself but i would be devistated if i lost my mountain girl. kind of funny because i know if see left me i would go on the biggest drinking spree i could never imagine. i hope its not too late

17. It's never too late. Period. You have so much control over yourself. Only you have the power to control you. Not even the man! :D

18. :devious: hahaha period.

Chin up OP, you'll get through these tough times.

19. This thread is about helping the OP get his life together not questioning the meaning of life and parts of my post. If you want to ask that question start your own thread.

20. gotta love gc and all you good blades out there thank you guys