Just need some feedback please :)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by NewJackCity, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Ladies & Gents this is the room setup and i would like some more ideas to bounce around

70" deep x 50' wide x light is @ 36"

there is 1 fan at head height circulating air
    a 50cfm fan push air through the air cooled hood ~> from there it goes out a vent (dryer vent stuff) toward another fan that is pulling the air out and out of the room into an adj. room and then there is another fan under that drawing air in

i have a cheapo thermometer in there and its saying 90-95

the fans are on 24/7 light (600w hps) is on 12=/-

its been about 2 weeks in that room, theres plastic around it with white paper on the floor & plastic on top of that. room is covered in reflective material

there are only 2 in there and i just noticed yesterday that they are both ladies :hello::hello:

water is a huge problem with the heat, its hard to get set schedule, i usu. have to check every night b4 bed - its been ive had to water every other day so far...more or less.

so there is everything.

im most worried about the watering and temp....i had 1 casualty actually.....i wasn't home in time, came back 6 hours later than usual and....well i lost the poor lady :(

any and all help will be greatly appreciated

newB

2. Like I say to everyone. Show me a picture or 3 or 4 and I'll be better able to help you.

3. agreed
    i dont even try to help when i see no pics

4. ok fellas, the sun rises at around 6PM (+/- 20 min) ill grab some pics - im thinking i may want to knock down the wall between the grow area and the adjacent room (happens to be a small walk in closet) to allow for more air flow....

ne how, im done for now, more when the pics come

thxs

5. if your willing to knock walls down then wow... I would however suggest a better ventilation system before you know walls down... few questions that are a bit confusing... is it an actual room you are growing in? or is it like a closet...? What is the temperature in the house? especially what is the temp of the air it is drawing in? If your growing in a room and not a cabinet/closet, is there a window in the room? Lost of possibilities depending on how much money you have to spend and how stealthy it has to be... First thing give more info, about the grow space and your set up, pics help alot...

6. here we go

[​IMG]

from top - 50 cfm pushing air through hood - out vent to other fan that is pulling air...a little ghetto but i made do.

[​IMG]

just another view - this is the wall im thinking about knocking down all together (the wall in which the fan is locateddddddd)

[​IMG]

this is me in the far corner of the room lookin UP at the fan the thick blanket is where the door is and it drops to a staircase

[​IMG]

again you see tha wall = should it be done...?

[​IMG]

theres the ladies

so there we hav it - water'd w/ big bloom & tiger blooom today - about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks into flowering....

thanks for any and all advice

7. Here's what I would do...

[​IMG]</a>
    On this other side I would get some ducting and either duct tape it around there or get a hose clamp to keep it on there. This is where your heat problem is coming from. You're blowing all of the heat out into the room before it even gets into the exhaust vent.

[​IMG]</a>
    Put more duct tape around that intake blowing into your hood, it will help you get a little more power in the airflow.

[​IMG]</a>
    Cover or replace this is mylar or a white sheet or something to reflect some light back.

[​IMG]</a>
    Looking pretty good bud :)

8. awesome - that i can do, and ill keep an eye on the temp....

what do you think about the wall? think it can stay??

just found some yellowing...and some bug spots, i zapped em with spray and misted them with some h2o thereafter.......wonder what the yellowing could be.....

o and im still not sure what they are...i am remembering now they are clones....either of frosty dutch orrrrr damn i forgot the other one...doesn't look like dutch to me, but time will tell!

thanks again

9. yes, i would be willing, if i had to to knock down the wall, its really half a wall that leads to a closet

technically i guess it is just crawl space...there is a door that allows me access, if you look at the back where the roof slopes....look to the left....and that area goes all the way to the front of the house, the area is at the back of the house - - - here is a picture get what im saying ?
    [​IMG]

there is no window in there. i had to cut the hole in the drywall then i mounted the fan IN the wall; rather inbetween the 2 rooms? hahha

now, where the thick blanket is, as soon as you pull it back there is the staircase that goes downstairs or you can go right to the attic (2nd floor) now there is a window right there

wait - im going to upload a pic instead of trying to explain that again....here it is:
    [​IMG]

the temp in the house varies greatly, yesterday it was prob roughly 85-90 today its more like 75-80...the temp of the air is relatively the same as it is just coming from the room

so there is the window...could i somehow draw fresh air in from there??????? gotta be a way right..lol

thats that!!! side note, seedlings are doing well....1st time using a pro tray w/ rapid rooters....c how it goes
    also, i have a dehumidifier...should i use it anywhere?
    now :smoke:

thanks for all the help

10. bump to the top

how can i use that window to pull in fresh air.....

:wave:

11. I have a solution for you I'm just drawing it up in paint now bare with me bro

12. Ok heres what I would do build a box type thing out of MDF as shown in the pics with a circular hole for ducting, then with a small bracket permanently fix the window ajar then with a no more nails type thing fix the box over the window attach a duct and fan to the hole drilled, theres your fresh air intake, I realize this may be a little unclear let me know if it is and I will try and fill you in.

Peace

Attached Files:

13. ok lets see, i think i get it lol, lets see

1 - build box (measurements? - small, correct? maybe 2-3" high & deep)
    2 - mount a fan w/ vent (much like i have) to the box to pull fresh air iin
    3 - mount box into window

now how do i get the fresh air into the room? lol im sorry, i dont want to seem like an idiot, im just trying to wrap my mind around it....

thanks for the help, im on the right track so far hahah

14. Ok lol the windows not in the grow room thats my bad, just run the ducting to it depending on how far away it is to the grow room. If its through that door would making a duct hole above it be out of the question? The box should completely cover the window while being maybe 4 inches deep.

15. What about this whole room?

If you aren't worried about how it looks you could put a board over the window, cut a 6-8" hole in the wood and connect your duct line. Then cut another 6-8" hole in the door and connect the duct.

16. ok - i can do that, now how do i make sure there is constant air flow and that critters and bugs and such dont get in? what kind of filter? something generic? does the placement of it matter, ie. begining or end of the vent and where would a fan go? and what kind of fan???

thanks again - o and big news here, they just popped soooo many beautiful white hairs...i had a bout with spider mites early on in their time, im glad they made it through!

17. Ok first cover the window in loudspeaker cloth then staple some low density foam to the inside of your box covering all the wood then you can mount the ducting with an inline fan or two not to sure if placement matters just make sure its air tight use lots of duct tape.

Peace

18. Attached Files: