Just need an honest review of my plant.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CrazyCronaut, Nov 7, 2022.

1. #1 CrazyCronaut, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    457EE4DA-2182-456C-B8F1-1E87947F2298.jpeg 906820A5-C306-417B-9674-D8DC1891E316.jpeg 7C7F41A7-8D3B-49AE-8AF1-A0F9B6328541.jpeg About 7 weeks ago I began sprouting a seed from some bud I had at the time. The plant started growing with 3 leaves per node and then recently has started to look more like a real cannabis plant. I’m very new to this and know nothing really. I’m sure the plant is stressed in ways but I just want some opinions on what I could expect out of this plant I have thus far, is it indica or sativa? Or are there any recommendations to make it better?

so far I have an incandescent grow light and I’ve been casually getting it 16 hours a day. I recently decided to switch it to flowering.

miracle grow

I think a 3L or 5L pot

UPDATE

After feedback I decided to find the light bulb I’m using specifically, it is a satco 150 watt incandescent bulb br30. I also decided to put some foil around the plant and topped the plant. If anyone has an idea of what the likely hood this plant makes it to harvest please let me know!

Attached Files:

2. The internode spacing is pretty long. Which could mean it's a male, but I'm leaning towards inadequate light, you don't say how powerful the bulb is, but it looks to be a decent distance from your plant, a single bulb, and I'm guessing not the strong either. If your plant can't get enough light it will stretch and perform poorly.

get the light closer if you can without burning, add more lights, get a brighter light, use reflection to maximize light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is it male? :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. thank you! Yes the inadequate light makes sense. It went the first 2-3 weeks without a light. It was getting probably like 6-10 hours of sunlight a day.

5. I don’t know it hasn’t shown any pistils or pollen sacks yet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

Top it here.
    1. Buy a 23 watt (100 watt equivalent) 6500K (Color) Daylight Compact fluorescent.
    [​IMG]

Place lamp 1 inch (2.54cm) away from foliage. Add second lamp as plant gets bigger. CFL are only effective up close. Their strength falls fast past 2 or 3 inches. You'll need to be adjusting either the light or the plant near daily. These will do a half assed job of vegging but far better then what it has done so far.

Consider stepping up for some serious lights. Or since you've already had them outside if you live in a frost free zone like I do you can grow outside all Fall, winter and spring besides the usual summer crop. I get 4 harvests per year outside.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you so much for the response. May I ask what the topping will do out of curiosity? And I’m getting the lights asap.

8. Also, would you have any idea the odds of this plant making it to a harvest and if so what the harvest might look like?

9. It will shorten it and force it to branch. When it gets big enough you'll top it one or possibly two more times winding up with an 8 headed medusa. This is the usual range of tops many growers aim for. It keeps the plant short and manageable and it is about the maximum number of Colas the plants will support giving a nice return on a medium sized bush.

You would have normally done this while the plant was still 6 inches tall or so but we work with what we have. My own sets have been leggy for the last two years as I radically changed the way I'm growing.

You can keep the lights on 24-0 as Cannabis doesn't need a dark period.

BNW