Just my thoughts

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SmokinCautious, Feb 5, 2014.

1. #1 SmokinCautious, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    So I was watching home movies and my parents were saying how they miss how sweet and happy I was as a kid. The reason I am narcissistic and cynical all the time is because I'm not oblivious to the negativity and greediness of the world. It sickens me to see people put materialistic things in front of virtues. Am I not the only one who just wants to move to a remote part of the world and live with simplistic but enjoyable people? (No offense when I say simplistic)"

2. what you mean by "simplistic", nigga

3. Like not caught up in the bullshit of the world."

4. [quote name="SmokinCautious" post="19467335" timestamp="1391569840"]So I was watching home movies and my parents were saying how they miss how sweet and happy I was as a kid. The reason I am narcissistic and cynical all the time is because I'm not oblivious to the negativity and greediness of the world. It sickens me to see people put materialistic things in front of virtues. Am I not the only one who just wants to move to a remote part of the world and live with simplistic but enjoyable people? (No offense when I say simplistic)"[/quote] Dude, I'm with you. Sent from my SPH-L300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm exactly with you brother. My parents used to always break down over me being all negative and depressing and always talking about the bad things in the world. I just can't help but notice how sad the world is. It just makes me angry sometimes

6. Gold is covered in dirt until you brush it off and look at the beauty. 

7. Idk what this tjrhread is trying to say.

Define "materialism" and is it not possible to live in real lifw withoit it?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I kinda like gold. But not as much as silver.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 Vesna, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    I know exactly what you mean and hated society exactly for this reason for many years.  Then an analogy was brought to my attention and I've really learned to love the world for what it is.  

Happiness is like a candle.  With that candle you can light many other candles, however if you have someone simultaneously blowing out those candles(bitterness) then no ground will be made.

This really opened my eyes believe it or not that hating society wasn't actually DOING anything beneficial.  Why not put my ideas out there and find the good people in the world?  Why not spread joy and happiness wherever I go and open people's minds to the fact that yes, a 'stupid stoner' can actually hold a riveting conversation for hours about things that actually matter.

There was really no point in me hating society because I was just blowing out the candles.  Now I'm lighting them.  And let me tell you, it feels fucking great.  There are going to be people too stubborn to be open to new ideas and who are ALWAYS right and those are the people that are already lost and have made the conscious decision to live with eyes closed.  It doesn't get to me anymore but for a while I REALLY hated society.  Now, I know that they will get what's coming to them regardless of me being bitter or not.

And with regards to simplicity, I try to live in the most simple way.  I don't need much at all to get by.  I have the cheapest apartment( I could be in something nicer, but that's not my style), have only a bed and my computer in my apartment, have my dog friend that I spend most of my free time with, and have a few good friends I can talk with on the real, and most importantly don't allow money to corrupt me.  I buy only what I need and maybe a little bit more (weed,shrooms,glass) 

10. I'm talking about putting your belongings in front of doing what is right. This thread is not that complicated.

"

11. I'm with you OP. We need a real GrassCity. Minimalist living and self sufficiency. If you can't be self sufficient then you can't join the community! Only the strong survive...imagine a society based on that premise instead accepting weakness and vanity into it.

12. im the same. i hope to live in a warm climate place year round with a group of people who are like me, and we all provide for ourselves. we dont need to pay taxes etc because we created our own home, dont need heating, could cool off by just jumping in the oceon, could get our own food from nature, etc.. that how im going to live my life when ive had enough life experience and travelled the world, and when i have the cash to get over there. 

im glad im not the only one who sees most of humanity for what they really are these days..