Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just my opinion on smell.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yuiop, May 26, 2009.

1. #1 yuiop, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    I have been smoking for a decent amount of time now, and it seems like most of the suggestions for masking the smell are a little overboard...seems that people think if a little whisp of smoke goes un-filtered (sploof) the whole room is gonna smell shockingly strong for hours. I spent some time on this site before I did it the first time and you guys had me freaked out about the smell...it's really not as bad as it seems. Juse use something thats not always burning (no joints or blunts) and blow out the window, and it seems to be enough. All of this about like turn on the shower, cover the door, use a sploof, then air freshner is ridiclus. If you would be in THAT much trouble if caught, you should'nt be doing it.
    I know I'll get flamed for this, but I just thought I would make it clear thats only needed if you REALLY need to not be caught. The chance of someone noticing if you blow out the window then let it sit overnight is quite low IMO.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Peace:smoking:
    EDIT: wow I didn't mean to write that much lol

2. once you take that first hit, you really have no idea if it smells or not... its all in your nose and mouth ad lungs... you are used to it, you cant detect the smell at that point.

however, it is fairly easy to keep the smell down, but people take as many precautions as they can, because they dont wanna get caught. Why bother the extra risk when it can be easily avoided?

I dont think you'll get flamed for that post.

3. Yeah, i know. Every time I smoke I think the whole house smells like smoke, but when I wake up in the morning it NEVER smells and I do it in my basement...

4. Yea,me too.Me n my friend smoke outside,then come back up to my room and I can still smell smoke in my room and comin up the stairs,dont know if it actually does or its just in my nose :p

5. My first couple of times I thought it reeked. Then I used a sploof, and learned to leave the window open. Never smells.

6. I don't know about some people, but that was entirely untrue for me when smoking in my parents house. Basically I could open/operate everything within 1-2 feet of a fan blowing air outside, smoke with a sploof, blow out the fan, only pack snaps ect ect and still be caught. my weed just reeked like crazy i guess. I base most of the smell not on burning weed or smoking but when you open the jar and pack a bowl.

7. My friend got popped last week because someone smelled .3 through two plastic bags and a leather wallet...

FFS it wasn't even lit!

8. I tell my friends who are in risk of getting caught, what i used to do was close the bathroom door cut on the vent or whatever those are called on the ceiling, and blow it up in there. This works Very Well!

9. wow, interesting story, but i HAVE to ask... did you even read the thread? or did you just read the title and come write this?

10. oh it does ;O

11. I use this method and it works great. I have a small 12" fan that I can close the window on. the trick is that you have to open another window to create air flow.If you don't you're technically creating vacuum I think.

12. Yep I got a nice chill spot in my basement. I just hit up the bathroom vent fan. I'm not sure what a sploof is but i picture its something with dryer sheets and a tube that you blow out of. I use this and a scented candle and cover the bowl with a book of matches or a card of some sort. Basically toke put out the flame right away hold it in then out through the blower. Also I hear water curing can produce stealth weed with no smell. I'm currently water curing a few grams to give this method a shot.