Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just moved to Toronto, been robbed twice trying to score

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by choices, Jan 2, 2012.

1. So now I'm not high and out some coin. Great.
    I searched this forum for advice on where and how to obtain some nugg, went all along Queen St., all the way through "Yongesterdam" and trust me, nobody was offering to sell any trees. FML

2. toronto sucks man what was the other options? LOL im kidding but yah getting robbed is pretty gay to! but all those advice about going downtown and to that kensington market crap is a bunch of crap... The best way would be to meet some people though and find people that blaze..and ask them if they have a link or something on that line since ur new to the city and all it would be a lot safer then asking random people

3. Fucking people trying to make a quick buck :(. I swear that sucks dude, hope you find a steady flow of some dank.

4. Try going up to North York, maybe you'll have some better luck

5. What happened? Tell us how you got robbed. So many details left out.

6. What happened exactly? sketch ass people making my city look like shit

7. First time I approached a few guys and asked them, and one of them offered to take me to a place near the Eaton centre. He was from Ivory Coast and was really a nice guy tbh. We talked about the recent political events in his country (seriously) and how the civil war 10 years ago really wrecked their economy. Anyways, I give him $60 and he says wait here, he's gotta go to Sherbourne (I think that was the street) and Church maybe? not far from Queen/Yonge. Anyways he says be back in 30 minutes and never shows up.
    Second time I went to Bloor/Yonge. I'd been told that Yonge from Bloor to Wellsely is called "Yongesterdam." Anyways I ask a couple of older guys that seem like they might smoke, and one of them says ya, theres a guy that works at this hotel close by, I'll take you. So I go with him to this hotel and give him $50, he says wait here 3 minutes, and ya he didn't come back.

8. lol why the fuck would u give a stranger ur $? u got chumped, lul.

9. Dude you gotta stop letting people walk off with your money wtf are you thinking?

10. So you get fooled not once but TWICE?!

Please don't tell me this is the same day :)

11. I should add that I'm new to the country and have no idea about the culture etc. I've picked up weed in LA, LV, Dallas and Miami and that's how you gotta do it. It's not like I was fronting money for a pound

12. Rule number one: never front money. (There are actually a few exceptions to this rule, e.g. if you remain in the house of the person whom you fronted money to while they make the deal -- they've gotta come home sometime. But in general, don't do it.)

Sorry to hear about your situation, but sometimes the best lessons in life come from shitty consequences. Hope it gets better for you :)

EDIT: here are a couple of good threads about finding new connects:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/843423-how-find-dealer.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/139132-how-find-pot-new-city.html

13. Lol dude u need to get em to show u the stuff first before u hand strangers money

14. a wise man once said,

Fool me once shame on you
    Fool me twice and im doing it wrong.

15. I just thought it made sense that they needed to obtain it from someone they knew. I know it isn't ideal circumstances but when you don't know anybody and you're and a new country and you really want weed, taking these risks is almost a necessity.

16. LA, MIA, DAL?

I would imagine it's much worse down there.

17. I know that's why you have to give money to some shady character and wait for them to bring u back the goods. Normally works unless you give it to a clever crackhead, but those are sort of easy to avoid.

18. That's how YOU do it. Not the smartest way. Make some friends. See if they smoke. Offer to match but say you only got money. Ask who they get it from once you're all friendly.

19. Op why the hell are you letting people walk away with your cash are you dumb? Rarely any robberies in Canada if you're not stupid, giving your money to people who don't even like you.