Just Moved To Denver...

Discussion in 'General' started by CoffeeShopMike, Oct 16, 2011.

1. And remembered I still had a GC account! I totally forgot about this bad boy during my first move back in Texas, and since the move to Denver was pretty hectic (ever haul two cats in a Honda Element?) I was barely on my laptop.

But now I can finally get back to some good GC chatter.

Also, any Denver blades out here? I'd like to know if there are any cool places I may not have seen yet? I've only really been out to the Denver Zoo and the Tattered Cover in LoDo (got to meet Alton Brown, tremendous night!).

Oh yeah, and I literally know nobody in Denver. Kind of a "spur of the moment" move.

[Sorry for the rambling, but I'm a little too overzealous in my current state :p]

2. Denver is one of the best weed-hub's in the country. You're very lucky my friend. Go apply for mmj is your doctor recommends it and enjoy the benefits of hard-working marijuana patients and activists.

3. Did you choose to get a Honda Element?

4. [quote name='"lenny88"']Did you choose to get a Honda Element?[/quote]

No. It's my girlfriend's car. Long story short, she got it second-hand from her dad's second ex-wife. The woman knew more about drinking than driving. But hey, it was roomy and made New Mexico a lot less boring. Sun roofs and joints, what a team!

[quote name='"BuddhistBrian"']Denver is one of the best weed-hub's in the country. You're very lucky my friend. Go apply for mmj is your doctor recommends it and enjoy the benefits of hard-working marijuana patients and activists.[/quote]

That was my plan, haha. I just need to wait until my new license arrives (unless I'm a complete noob at this). But as soon as it's in hand, I am definitely going to see how the MMJ scene is. That and maybe I'll be able to sleep through my back pain.

5. hey welcome to the city! :D Umm red rocks when it's in season, omfg...

6. I hear CO has some pretty mountains. You happen to live near any? :smoke:

7. [quote name='"PassTheGrass"']hey welcome to the city! :D Umm red rocks when it's in season, omfg...[/quote]

Thank you much. I've wanted to check out Red Rocks for a while. When exactly is it "in season"?

8. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']I hear CO has some pretty mountains. You happen to live near any? :smoke:[/quote]

Unfortunately, no. But I get a neat view of the mountains to the west of Denver in my neighborhood (Glendale; my apartment is just a stone's throw from Infinity Park). Granted, living in Texas flatlands for 21 years makes me love this view even more.

9. crazy you live right by me i'm by wash park (check that out too) but red rocks has concerts like spring and summer, they are quite awesome. and they have film on the rocks. :D

10. luckkkkkky i moved from CO to TX last year, get your card boy! and share the love

11. Come. Smoke. With. Me.

12. [quote name='"PassTheGrass"']crazy you live right by me i'm by wash park (check that out too) but red rocks has concerts like spring and summer, they are quite awesome. and they have film on the rocks. :D[/quote]

I was planning on biking near Washington Park sometime next week! Crazy, man! I can't wait to see Red Rocks in the spring.

[quote name='"Wellthatsgroovy"']luckkkkkky i moved from CO to TX last year, get your card boy! and share the love[/quote]

But of course, man. Sucks you had to leave CO. TX can be a real hole unless you're in the right place. Where in Texas did you move?

13. You don't know how inviting that sounds :p I finished off the last of my Texas stash tonight. I am praying my CO license arrives this week.

14. Hey man, don't ever take those views for granted. Always remember how great they compare to the flat lands of Texas. My dad lived in Nevada and I was born in Nevada (lived in Oregon most of life, though) and just seeing how bland and lifeless some places are just makes you appreciate the landscape so very much. I live at the base of a beautiful mountain, Mt. Hood in Oregon. I just can't help but to marvel and stair every time I drive by the Jonsrud Viewpoint (Google it) I live just outside of Sandy and I had to drive by it ever morning on my way to high school. Still do whenever I go to town. :D

15. Denver has one of the best electronica scenes in the nation I am insanely jealous. Going to be joining you out there in a few years.

Red Rocks FTFW, I saw Phish there last year, dispatch there this year. Going next year for GLOBAL.

16. yeah no joke. There is literally a rave multiple times a week. And we all know what that means... can't say it here.

17. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']Hey man, don't ever take those views for granted. Always remember how great they compare to the flat lands of Texas. My dad lived in Nevada and I was born in Nevada (lived in Oregon most of life, though) and just seeing how bland and lifeless some places are just makes you appreciate the landscape so very much. I live at the base of a beautiful mountain, Mt. Hood in Oregon. I just can't help but to marvel and stair every time I drive by the Jonsrud Viewpoint (Google it) I live just outside of Sandy and I had to drive by it ever morning on my way to high school. Still do whenever I go to town. :D[/quote]

No kidding. I still get excited waking up and having the mountain view in front of me. Better than pumpjacks and desert.

And yeah, I noticed Denver's electronica scene looked pretty happening. Shame I really don't dig that scene, or I'd be in heaven.

18. I'm not in Denver, but near it... cool fucking place man. Enjoy!

19. [quote name='"Wildman850"']I'm not in Denver, but near it... cool fucking place man. Enjoy![/quote]

I already am :D