Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just Moved Out ..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by erutxet, Mar 14, 2010.

1. I moved out of my parent's house a month ago, and ever since I moved in my bong is attached to me at the hip. It's a problem because I'm in university and I feel like I'm losing control, so I'm freaking out. I have problems with anxiety and weed makes it all go away, so getting high is always a ridiculously inviting thing to do .. especially since I have a wicked place to smoke at now. So ...I just wondered if this is just the initial excitement that comes with one's first steps into a life where you can smoke whenever you want, how ever you want, all the time. Will it wear off If it doesn't, I'm so fucked.

2. why are you so fucked? Theres nothing wrong with staying high all day. Unless you have a addictive personality and your broke, you should be good to go

3. idk i guess it depends on the person, i moved back in with my parents but when i was on my own i was smoking alot initially but it just kinda wears off after a little while. but since ive moved back, i miss that i could smoke whenevers haha

4. it's the initial excitement. as long as you get your homework done, relax and keep toking. If you can't handle homework while high, tell yourself you can't smoke til it's done and keep it a night time activity. I do that sometimes on my difficult assignments.. kind of like rewarding myself for the hard work. ;)

5. Just get your work done then get blazed. And don't go to class baked if you don't want to, I don't see the problem. There's nothing wrong with being high all the time, but if you can't do certain tasks while being high then do those tasks before getting high. Pretty simple logic...

6. Yeah ... the logic is straight forward, but the problem is, with my program, I can never really be 'done' my homework. There is always so much research and reading that can still be done. So ... everytime I toke I feel guilty. I don't know. I just hope I grow out of being so weak .. ha.

7. This is a sweet idea, haha. I can do homework while high but it's never as great as when I'm not high. Although my ideas are always way more innovative, my writing sucks. So yeah. I'll try to smoke as a reward from now on.. at night.

8. Or just pack like 10 bongs or until you say "fuck this homework", then stay that way forever. I guarantee you'll be happy.

9. and poor.

10. This.

Rewarding yourself with getting high makes it much more enjoyable if you can discipline yourself hard enough to stick with it. I'm actually in a similar situation myself. I finish up with classes, see a few people, do my homework, and TOKE UP! Weed makes me work hard, that's for sure :smoking:

11. Its exciting for the first few months when your "free" to smoke indoors whenever you want. It gets less exciting as time passes by, but there is nothing wrong with being high all day haha.

12. Congrats on leaving your parent's place!
    It will eventually even out, rewarding yourself with weed is SO AWESOME. I highly recommend this.

13. You're probably just excited over the fact you have your own place now and don't have to worry about passing out with your bong out.

You have control man, it's not heroin or something. :smoking:
    Take care of what you know needs to be done, then when it's time to relax bring the bong out.

It becomes a problem when you think you need weed to function.

14. well i have bad anxiety. and i never stopped smoking less. i easily smoke a 8th a day, and i don't get that high, it just keeps me from having panic attacks and freaking out.

i didn't slow down on smoking till i had a girlie that didn't smoke much. but then she left and i smoked more than i did in the start.

then i met another girl, and calmed down a lil, but not much because she enjoyed it as much as me. she kinda made me worse and less motivated, for once i didn't have anxiety, but i still never got shit done.

after that girl, i started doing the reward system thing. and it worked really well, i still smoked more than the avg person, but i was getting somewhere in life.

at the moment i'm trying not to smoke, and get cleaned up. goal was to get working before 420, so 420 could be the day i started back up again. idk though.

15. Why are you acting like weed is changing your life? It's not a hard drug, it's barely a soft drug.

"made me worse and less motivated", "i still smoked more than the avg person, but i was getting somewhere in life", "but i still never got shit done", "at the moment i'm trying not to smoke, and get cleaned up". You sound like you're trying to get off of crack, stop acting like it's hard to stop smoking and just smoke when you need to calm your anxiety.

Obviously you're just blaming all of your problems on everyone and everything else when it is clearly just you. It's not your fault you couldn't stop smoking, some girl "kinda made me worse and less motivated", it isn't your fault you weren't "getting somewhere in life", it was weed.....

Stop bitching and moaning like weed is the source of all your failure. I think the problem here is that you were always lazy but now your parents aren't around to keep you half worth a pile of shit. You said these things yourself... Prove me wrong and do something about it...

16. That was harsh, Mary_Who...

Weed isn't a hard drug, sure, but that's hardly the point here. You're forgetting that drugs affect everyone differently, making 'hardness' relative in terms of potency. Your post says more about your ignorance on the subjects of drug use, anxiety and paranoia than it actually educates or helps anyone who is actually struggling with these problems. Your wayward assumption that all people who smoke pot and struggle with is weak as fuck.

17. I kinda have to agree with Mary_Who. I've come to know too many people who let something like weed play too major an influence on their life. Quite simply, if your life is going to the gutter because of weed, take a tolerance break till your head is on straight. It is true that weed affects everyone differently, but if it affects you negatively, you should cut down right?

18. Yes, cutting down would be ideal, but anxiety is a difficult thing to master. Smoking often might be his/her way of dealing with the strain of a possible anxiety disorder, which is some tough shit. A toke can save anxiety sufferers a lot of worry. It also has less side effects than prescription medication and is more inviting than the huge list of other things people with anxiety may try in order to cope with their circumstances.

But hey. I guess not all people know/care about all that.

I understand what you're saying about the tolerance break, and I think overgrown does too. He realizes that pot might not be working out for him right now, because he/she clearly states in their post that they are trying to work themselves out of the funk.
    So yeah, That's why I felt like it was a little much for mary_who to come down on him/her like that, for simply voicing an experience.

19. Find some medication for your anxiety. Go to your campus clinic, they will help you, or appoint you to someone who can help, plus I heard anxiety meds are the bomb. Maybe once you get that problem out of your way, you will be able to control your weed intake, then you will no longer be dependent on it. Just be strong, it takes a lot of guts to live on your own if you have been really dependent as a child. I know this because I was not ready to go to college when I did. Logically, I am all there, but I didnt have the discipline to do my work to my best potential. I am looking into switching schools now and going into a more hands on approach which suits my learning style better. Just remember to take it easy on the weed, dont smoke to much, just enough to ward off anxiety until you get that situation figured out.

edit: about the meds, you dont have to take them, but they will save you money because you wont have to buy so much weed. There are side effects, but when your life is falling apart, that should be the least of your worries.