Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just made some Cannabutter and then Brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by topnoevil420, Mar 3, 2014.

1. #1 topnoevil420, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    So I just made some cannabutter for the first time using 1/2 oz of headies, 3 cups of water and two sticks of Land of Lakes butter. I simmered the butter for 3hr hours before straining out the cooked weed. I then placed the butter in the freezer for 45min. I was then able to separate the water from the butter fairly easily. Here's a picture of the cannabutter.

[​IMG]

My brownie recipe called for 1/3 of vegetable oil, I substituted with about half of my cannabutter, essentially one stick. I then melted the cannabutter on defrost setting in the microwave for 45 seconds stirring occasionally to make sure it didn't heat up to much. I then mixed up the brownies and placed it in an 8x8in pyrex plate. I baked the brownies for 43min at about 300 degrees. Here's a couple pictures of the end product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to eating one of these very soon!

2. Well, its been 30 minute since I ate one and I'm definitely starting to feel the effects. Thus far I am pleased with my first attempt! =)

3. 30 mins? That's pretty good for your first attempt. First time I made brownies I did them wrong or something but the effects didn't kick in for a good 3 hours but hit pretty hard once it came. Every other edible I've done or made since then has always taken less then an hour...