just looking for some insight..

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jfresh420, Jul 16, 2011.

1. so people say if your lifting weights to build muscle you cant be on a diet/losing weight at the same time..so some facts first..im 280lbs 6'2,not so much fat bc i have quite a bit of muscle..but still have flab..so should i continue working out to lose flab or stop working out and go on a diet? its basically just my moobs and stomach i need to go away..

2. If you are a beginner lifter you can lose fat and gain muscle for a short period of time

3. It's possible, but difficult

4. its possible , in fact its what your supposed to do. Do some hiit (high intensity interval training) or low intensity cardio and keep a good diet. Youl burn the fat but wont burn the muscle for the energy using either tactic. Its gunna be hard but training isnt supposed to be something half hard.

5. contrary to popular belief, you can gain muscle and lose fat. You need to workout for at least 1 hour intensely, at least 3 days a week. 5 would be much better. you also need to eat healthy..

oh and don't forget cardio.. every. single. day.

6. The people who tell you that are full of crap

You CAN build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Their is nothing biological that precludes one or the other

Building muscle under a layer of fat makes it seem like you're not building muscle at all, but you are

7. i think its possible but quite difficult for everyone