Just looking for some input

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Badgermilk78, Sep 19, 2021.

1. This is my first really successful outdoor grow and I'm looking for some expert advice on when to harvest....I'm in southern Ontario so the weather is still decent, I'm sitting around 24 degrees celcius today, the nights are dropping down to anywhere from 8 to 16 degrees....just want some input on my buds and how much longer should I keep them going? They are very large right now and the hairs are all turing brown....Any help will be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Gotta look at the trichomes on the calyx

Jeweler's loop or microscope

3. when leaves start to yellow, and hairs are brown I cut em

4. Ok sweet thanks, leaves are not close to being yellow but the hairs are pretty brown.... guess I will have to get a loop for myself

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd be checking the trichomes of some lower buds, looking for 10 to 25% amber, or for the first sign of bud rot.

6. I don't see any bud rot anywhere, these pics of the buds are very low on the plants.....still have to check the trichomes though

Attached Files:

7. I have noticed a lot of the leaves tips are turning yellow?

8. Yes you can expect to see anything from yellow or other purple or red colors. Sometimes nearly the whole plant yellows before reaching maturity.

I'll reiterate. You need to check the trichomes of the lower buds either with a loope, usb microscope, or possibly the camera on your smartphone.

Not ready yet. Keep posting!

9. Ok amazing thank you! Yeah they are def not ready yet....will keep you posted!

10. Here are the plants from a few feet away, I have kept up on trimming, any comments? Suggestions?

Attached Files:

11. More pics of the plants

Attached Files:

12. Harvest just before the first predicted hard killing frost / freeze as that will kill her and I don't like to trim limp frozen fans.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1