Just looking for some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HashPlantHank, Oct 9, 2016.

1. So I've been growing the auto-feminized hashplant from crop king seeds and was just wondering if anyone could tell me how my plants doing !

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks great so far. That tall large one is ready for a new container. Once a plant becomes wider and taller than the container it's in, that typically means is slightly root bound and needs a larger container. The longer they stay in a container too small, the more you are responsible for their nutrition since they deplete the soil they're growing in of anything beneficial to them and the pot is mostly full of roots. If you're going to grow, you need to be in control of what the plant does instead of the other way around...like it is with autos. They are genetically altered to go through their cycles at a pre-programmed time which takes the grower out of the whole thing. To get the most out of your plants, you want to be able to veg them until they get to the size YOU want them to be and then put them into flower. With the autos, they're going to cycle on out regardless of what you do.

With growing these plants inside, the most important part of the whole thing is the strength and quality of lighting you provide during their life. The better the lighting, the better the end product and the more of it. But looks like you're doing a great job so far. I don't grow autos, but in reading posts by people who do grow them, the norm is to start your plant out in the container it will finish in because they don't like to be repotted. Like I said, I don't know how true this is because I don't grow the strain. But your plant is going to have to have another container or you're going to have to water/feed every day.

The best way to repot a plant to stress it the least is to let it dry out almost completely..which is how you do them anyway before you water or feed, so once they get good and dried out, prep the new container and have it ready with some base soil in it and gently tap the container the plant is in now around the sides and on the bottom and it will separate and pop out all in one blob. You want to stress it as little as possible when you do it, especially since it's an auto variety. Bit if it were mine, I would put it into a pretty good size container. When you do repot (or when any plant or seedling is first introduced to soil), until the plant develops or resets it's root system, it will not grow or use any water to speak of. So, until the plant uses up almost all the water in the container, you don't water...regardless of how long it takes. When putting a plant into a new container, the time it takes it to root in is going to depend on how much soil it has to root into. But until you see the plant putting on new growth at a good clip and begin to use water again, you know it's not finished settling it's roots. Just never water or do anything to them during this period of time. Some new growers get paranoid because they don't see any growth happening on the plant and do dumb things like pour a bunch of chemicals into it. If you use a grade A quality soil to grow in, you don't need a bunch of extra chemicals added to your plant. The reason that really good grow soil costs so much money is because it's specifically designed just for growing MJ plants and if you'll let it, it'll do 80% of the work for you. For some reason, too many of the new growers get the idea that their plant's growth and development is attributed to nutes...fallacy. Light is the element that determines the growth and development of a plant. Each plant needs enough wattage and space for the light to penetrate the plant as much as possible to develop the plant below the canopy.

Good luck. Hope all goes well for you.
    TWW

If I were you and planned to continue to grow, get yourself some normal varieties to grow. You can really hone your skills with those as you are in control of veg and flower time. But great job so far.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks guys! Duly noted :love-m3j:

4. No signs of deficiency or anything though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Not that I can see

6. Looking jus fine!

7. Cool il post another update after I make a few of the changes TWW and PPKW mentioned

8. Looks good, how/if are you planning on training? Because it's getting tall.

• Like Like x 1
  9. How should I go about it ? In your opinion?

10. Not sure, on my first grow. Probably shouldn't supercrop an auto, not sure how old it is, maybe top in? It is getting pine tree shaped. Maybe top it if its not too old.

11. What do you mean by top in ?, train the head of the plant downwards ?, I was thinking of just tying down the larger fan leaves so that some of the new nodes growing between the the old ones can get some light

12. Sorry, meant "top it" not top in.
    If it grows tall you are going to need a lot more lights along the side.

13. So for the LST job, should I start by training the head to the side and then train the smaller nodes off to the sides as well?

14. Start by tying the top down. Once the other branches are long enough than tie them outward as well. The idea is to have an even canapy across the plants exposing all bud sights to your light evenly. Here is a couple pics of mine.

Attached Files:

15. Will this work !?

Attached Files:

16. That should work just fine. Being that tall if you bend it too much it could break. Your branches will turn up towards the light in no time

17. Have you topped it yet? Look up videos on it if you havent. It means taking off the very top main chute

18. So I just topped it just gonna wait and see how she bounces back from all this, some of the fan leaves and smaller heads have already turned towards the light so it seems to be going ok !