just lookin for some answers...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jfresh420, Oct 31, 2011.

1. I'm trying to lose weight but build muscle too,I'm no "noob" to working out either so I don't need help there..just on the dieting...could I just eat salad for lunch and dinner? Maybe with like a piece of chicken or steak? Would that make me lose weight? Is it not a good choice? Cuz I really need to stop eating what I have been eating which is just about everything..but winter is here and I need to shed fat...

2. Just eat oats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, beans and fish(oven cooked only).

Eat a bowl of oatmeal with toast in the morning.

Eat 3-5 servings of fruit and vegetables throughout the day, everyday.

Eat nuts as a snack and eat some beans with a fully loaded salad full of bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomato, spinach, romaine lettuce( iceberg lettuce less nutritional than romaine, a lot less) with some fish mixed in or on the side.

And cut out all junk food,fast food, candy, and icecream

3. Uh oh..no icecream! That's gunna hurt..there's nothing better than a bowl of icecream after a couple bong rips...haha

But yea,thanks homie..

4. Muscle gain/loss is simple math. If you burn more calories than you ingest you will be losing weight while if you are ingesting more than you burn you will be gaining weight. That is not to say that the weight you gain/lose is good/bad! It all depends on whether you are eating healthy or not! And only eating salad or a piece of chicken/steak is certainly NOT healthy eating!!!

Not eating enough calories in a day is one of the worst things you can do for your body. The best way to eat and gain muscle is to eat five or six SMALL meals a day, each with a little bit of protein to keep you going. Protein does not only come in the form of meats. In fact, animal meat is one of the worst sources of protein for humans because the animo acids are in the wrong proportions! A great way to get the protein you need with the proper portions of amino acids is by eating hemp seeds :) Hemp is the only plant on earth that has all of the animo acids that are correctly proportioned for the human body, making it pretty much the only good protein replacement in place of meat. Hemp also requires no pesticides and little water to grow and has no preservatives!

Good luck with your future fitness goals! I hope I have provided some new/useful information for you to use :D

5. Kinda helps but I mean like,I n33d the right proportions..5- meals a day could mean 5 doughnuts a day or 5 bowls of cereal....idk how to eat right..its the biggest problem I have,I'm no good with trying to figure out what's healthy and what's not..maybe you could give me a sample menu of what would be good?

6. Look at the nutrition label, if you don't know what the nutrition means then start doing some research.

Chicken and fish is good, granola+greek yogurt is good. Eat 3-5 servings of fruits and veggies every day. Drink much more water and less of everything else. (Unless you're like me and get the core of your diet from protein shakes)

What's your height and weight and how much do you want to lose? You can lose most of the fat first and then start bulking up, or bulk first and then cut to lose the fat.

7. 6'2..like 280-90..mostly muscle..im not like a blob...and i want to be atleast 230-240

8. I haven't really done much if any research into weight loss, more into weight gain. So I'm not really the best person to ask. But this thread here has some fantastic info into weight loss.

How to lose fat: a beginner's guide : Fitness

9. first off...your body needs like....2400 cals a day , and starving yourself will only hurt you.

10. don't forget 1 gram of fiber for every 10 grams of carb's.