Just laid off want to start a grow room.. Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by panicspread, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Hey I just got laid off and want to start a grow room and need some info.. I have about 3,000 to invest and would like a simple low maintenance good yeilds.. I plan on buying seeds soon and want to start a outdoor crop as well. I will be moving to a mountain town somewhere in the appalation mountains.. If some of you vet growers where to get a grow set-up going on 3,000 capital what would you do... Thanks...

2. damn i wish i had that to start with. anyway if you would like have some money left over i would go with cfls thats what i use and they work great. but on the indoor im no vet but outside i can tell you a few things to start you say mountains i say home alright if you want to getby outside your gonna have to space your plants way apart like two every 20yrd DO NOT GO TO THE TOP OF MOUNTAIN you will have to carry water an that sucks ass inless your putting them in buckets an then you got to any way so best bet getsome jiffys from wlly w. lil green house thing and start them late set them out late this so nationalgaurd dont gettim cuz they want see them :smoke:ok thats all for now that time of day:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

3. Do u know about how what size your indoor grow space will be. i dont rly know much about outdoors tho

4. I would purchase a few 1000 watt HPS lights and proper venting, theres lots of you tube videos of people making their growing rooms

5. First suggestion: plan BEFORE you plant. saves so many headaches.

This series on youtube was extraordinarily informative on the subject of indoor cannabis cultivation: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9YFlmmRenY"]YouTube - how to grow marijuana at home-part 1[/ame]

It's a 4 part video, but its well worth the watch.

I also would suggest Jorge Cervantes' Ultimate Grow DVD. That filled in alot of knowledge gaps for myself.

And in terms of yield, what would you consider "good"?

6. with 3000 to start up with, you could either split a bedroom or extra room in to multiple rooms and run a perpetual set up. could just buy growtents if you didnt want to build it yourself. i would get 2 1000 watt hps and a 600 watt MH for veg and flower in one room and veg/mothers/clones in the other. good luck.

7. This recession is gonna saturate the weed market... maybe lower prices eh (fingers crossed)

8. All you need for indoor is floros for veg and high pressure sodium lights for flowering.
    how many will depend on your space. For some better yields you will have follow your senses on wat grow medium and nutrients will be best for your situation. For indoor growing you will need to do something bout heat signature if it is on a big scale and find some way to launder the reason your electricity is being used so much. A good nute to use is at
    www.foxfarmfertilzer.com and they have it for mediums set ups and hydroponic set ups.

For low maintenence and high efficentcy escpecialy with your budget I would go with hydroponics for the indoor. There are lots of ways to build them yourself or buy large systems for fairly cheap.

On the outdoor side going to a small town somewhere deep in the east mounts is my dream.
    Like the other person said dont put them on top of a mountain because they have more of a chance of being detected there. To me outdoor is better because they dont have to be linked to you and its lower maintenance. All you have to do is get them growing and plant them,feed and water, and maintain them easily and let mother nature do the rest.
    So you should put the bigger quota on the outdoors in my opinion. Also growing outdoors is much much cheaper.

Other than that everything else you need to know is a click away.

9. actually with that cash you could have a room up and going with clones or cuttings in about 90 days with a yield, get a couple 1000 watters with air cooled setups, about 700, carbon scrubber, about 225. intake and exhaust fans , about 300. separate rooms with Mylar double sided. depends on if you are going hydro or soil, organic. , with that jack and a proper setup you could be growing and yielding in no time with cuttings or clones, getting seeds geminating and such might take awhile longer :( actually it will, mother plant etc , you would starve before you got a good yield off shipped feminized seed.

10. Fuckin' hell I don't have a clue how to post a YouTube video on here, but "Mr. Green's" videos have made me want to start growing.

EDIT: oh...theres the vid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbnBsUEoE0"]YouTube - how to grow cannabis mr green #1[/ame]

Look around for parts 1-9.

11. That series of videos is the shit. You should also go on youtube and search for the Dr. Jupiter series

12. sick!!! + rep points