just how dangerous are shrooms ?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bronxxballa, May 23, 2008.

1. this weekend i really want to try some shrooms . i heard that they were amazing
    but i also heard of some people freaking out and having terrible trips/going crazy/etc
    so really how dangerous are shrooms and whats a bad trip like ?

2. Basically you want to control your intake and make sure you will be around positive things.
    Bad trips vary from person to person.

3. dont think too hard about it, or put too much pressure on yourself to like it.. my first time trippin was amazing, but my boyfriend was in a bad mood when he took his, and it was his first time to trip, and he had a bad trip.. just make sure you're in a good mood when you take it.. and don't be too nervous..
    i've also think that if you leave the place you start trippin then it can go bad real quick..usually you wont want to, but just make sure you're with good friends and in a good place.. and if someone else starts having a bad trip dont let it go to your head..
    but regardless, shrooms arent as intense as acid, so it has less potential to go wrong as it would if you were trippin on acid..
    just enjoy yourself.. you wont regret it

4. Ummmmm, no.

OP, If you want some tips and advice on what to expect and what to do to stave off a bad trip, read my mushroom guide in the sig if it pleases you.

5. what i meant was shrooms arent something you go out party hopping place to place from.. its fun to go out take a walk and see nature and shit.. but its not really a go out and converse with people you dont really know kinda thing..
    and if it is for you, thats cool. obviously you have a lot of time on your hands to write long ass threads about it.. so i guess your entitled to have the confidence in your opinions but you dont have to be wreck on mine..

6. i ate 2.3 grams and at my physical tripping peak i was in full sweat, pounding heart. i thought i was going overboard and i mightve seeked medical attention. but idk, after that and a good chat with a buddy of mine, the shroom trip was out of this world. highly recommended!

7. I'm not wrecking on your opinion, just word it better next time. Kind of hard to get that meaning out of what you wrote when you mentioned nothing about nature, or strangers, or strange places, or walks, or conversing.

8. haha, thats straight..im not too into this forum thing

9. The first time I ever did them i just pretended I accidently ate some mushrooms that somehow are gonna make me trip. You just can't think about it to much. I think Mushrooms are much stronger than acid, i can control acid so well, shroom are mad intense for me. Mushrooms are definetly not a party drug, but i can't say the same thing bout acid, i love concerts on acid, feels so great. TRIP SHROOMS ON A BEACH IT IS THE BOMB!

10. Couldn't agree more. I think it's much harder to control yourself on shrooms than on acid. But I guess the bad trip depends on the person. I haven't had a bad trip on anything besides one time I got extremely high off a bong but that was one of my first times smoking a few years ago. If your an easygoing person then you probably won't have a problem controlling your emotions. On the last part of the trip, you tend to start thinking way too hard and I think this is the stage that most people have a bad trip on. After this stage you sober up very quickly though.

11. You just gotta chill man.

Seriously, Be in a good mood. I like to spend 1-3 days preparing for a trip. Make sure you're free of stress for a couple days prior, and that you have no plans for the following day. Set and setting man. Be around people you like, and plan ahead.

If you're near a beach, it's truly an amazing experience. Just go with the flow when you trip. Smoke some bud for the come up and come down. It'll help you relax, and sleep at the end.

12. Fuck man, smoke bud all the way through :smoking:

But yeah, its definitely all set and setting.
    How prepared you are to have many of your beliefs just shatter about yourself.
    How willing you are to go where you have never been before,both in the depth of reality, and in your mind.

And some people just plain arnt wired for psychadelics.

13. They arent very dangerous, just obv. control your intake and be in a good, enlightening setting. Don't overdo it either, my first time I mowed through 4 gs and proceeded to trip sack for 6 hours, some of which I loved, some of which was incredibly intense.

14. they aren't dangerous at all! I have tripped like 15 times in my life so far...and i have yet to have a bad trip and everytime almost i was with different people at a different place. Sometimes i was even in a bad mood and took them and still it lifted my day. I recommend taking them. Don't worry about anything except how fun you will have in the next 6 hours.

15. post is over 3 years old buddy

16. #16 Jazzyj, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    First post and you pull up a three year old thread on a topic we're no longer allowed to discuss here. Good start.

17. Well I heard about this chick that was on either LSD or acid not sure and some how she thought bugs were crawling under her skin so she scratched her skin a shit ton and ended up bleeding to death.

18. Thats like the go-to scenario for every drug's side effect in DARE.

19. I've only ever had good experiences with shrooms; a feeling of euphoria, visual hallucinations. They're definitely not the sort of thing you want to try out surrounded by your family and grandparents though considering you'll most likely be reduced to a giggling pile of human-mush depending on the dose you take.

On a side note, discussion of substances other than MJ is no longer permitted on GC.

20. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Knew a guy who freaked out and tried to shoot himself. Did a terrible job and ended up calling 911 to say that he shot himself while half of his face was falling off. Talk about a bad trip.

Knew another guy who freaked out and fought all of his friends and a couple strangers in front of his place of employment.

The list goes on, I have more stories than that but my point is that psychedelics can be unpredictable and dangerous.