Just heard a crazy noise

Discussion in 'General' started by Sunn, Mar 23, 2012.

1. So here i am chilling, playing xbox, when i hear this rumbling noise. Didn't think anything of it, at first. I live near o'hare airport so i just assumed it was a plane. but it didn't have that 'whine' noise that planes have and it didn't fade away. it was a really deep rumbling bass, that kinda got louder and softer in waves, like thunder. except it went on for at least a solid 2-3 minutes, no exaggeration. It didn't sound like it was even moving. Eventually after a few minutes it slowly, and i mean really slowly, faded away. I went outside afterwards and didn't hear anything.

I guess it's possible that it was thunder, since there is some rain like 50 miles away, no bad storms though. It's not raining here and i haven't heard any thunder all day. So a random 3 minute long onslaught of thunder doesn't seem likely to me.

The next thought that occurred to me was earthquake. I've experienced two here in my lifetime and as far as i remember there is kinda a rumble. but i'm almost positive it wasn't, for one thing the rumble was coming from through the window, not from the ground and all around me, and secondly nothing was shaking. So i honestly have no fuckin clue what it could have been.

The only other thing i thought of was maybe it was a military jet, sometimes they fly around this area because of the airports, but it's pretty rare. And for the noise to last that long it would have had to be circling like right overheard the whole time for no apparent reason.

inb4 aliens

2. sounds cool man! on some x-files shit

edit: SUNN fucking rocks

3. honestly the first thing i thought of was that "march 22nd earthquake event" thread lol. or haarp. but i'm no conspiracy theorist so yeah..

4. So you heard a noise and made a thread about it

5. Maybe you are just crazy.

Do you have any neighbors? Did they also hear it?

6. yeah i have neighbors, but it's 11 pm on a thursday night and i'm not gonna go ring their doorbell lol.

7. was it like a "bluhmumbamumbamumbamumbamumbamumumumumumummmmmm....(fade out)" or like a "pududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududududd......" ive heard something like that before were you think its thunder at first but then the rumbling just lasts for like 2 - 3 minutes and your like wtf was that?

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4e-AxJ7nM]Strange sounds 2012 manitoba canada (the pas) - YouTube[/ame]

9. I live literaky right next to O'hare and i heard some strange shit too

10. i guess more like the first one. but i don't really know where you're going with the second one lol.

i don't know why you're posting that but it didn't sound anything remotely like that, and that's probably just audio ripped from a movie or something anyway.

11. seriously? you mean like about 30 minutes ago or just in general?

12. Yea sorry for the late reply but it was like around when you heard it, I also heard it again yesterday.

13. I didnt hear anything lol, but then again I'm in the city

14. mechanics working on a engine and testing it.

15. Just a weather balloon, folks...Nothing to see here, move along.:cool:

16. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

17. There have been world wide reports of "rumblings" for over a year now, possibly longer. The latest and greatest happened in Wisconsin.
    Something's rattling small Wisconsin town - CNN.com
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrpByvs2qvE]Mainstream Reporting Strange Noises Heard Around The World - Jan 26, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

18. YOU of all people thought haarp?! Shit...Im surprised.
    Did you ever come up with any other ideas or speak with any of your neighbors?
    Im still a sound doubter lol but the more people that hear it the more it would seem there's SOMETHING happening. Just not where I am :cool:

19. It was probably just somebody in your neighborhood with some bumping base in their trunk.

20. Maybe its a spirit drawing upon your energy to try and manifest itself