Just Harvested

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gritch23, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Hey I just harvested my ultimate purple it was about a week too soon I started seeing some rot so I pulled her but I gt 150 gs of wet weight ..how much do u guys think I will get once dried

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409228034.486589.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409228052.286055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    you lose somewhere around 75% of weight or something like that. it'll be like 1/3 or so

i never weigh it wet, because you want it to dry from branches while hanging upside down in a dark cool area

doesn't look bad though :smoke:  nothing better than homegrown buds. got more beans down yet?

3. If it loses 75% wouldn't it then weigh a 1/4?

I have never weighed fresh bud so no idea what the water content actually is but I have heard the 75% figure many times

4. i've heard both. 75% and 1/3 so i guess it's somewhere in that range.

it would indeed be 1/4 :p i think :confused_2:

5. If a fair bit of it has rot/mould you can throw it in iso and make some hash and it will be safe to smoke.

6. thanx

reminded me to pick up some iso

i've only made a couple batches since harvest. still got 2 ounces of trim in the freezer

7. Nice man! I cant wait to start dabbing gotta find a decent rig first.
    Im gunna do the same wait til harvest and run the trim from my lemon haze, hopefully it will keep a lemony taste.

8. Nah not yet I'm only able to grow outdoors still live with parents.

About the hash tho

I have a ton of trim and popcorn buds

Anybody know the easiest most efficient way to make hash..really wanna try making brownies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 TheAnswer121, Aug 28, 2014
  10. #10 GoldGrower, Aug 28, 2014
    I use ice water, it's simple and cheap. But the quality can vary. I think the dry ice method is probably the simplest if you can get hold of dry ice

But if you want to cook with it you can just simmer it in butter and sieve it out afterwards. A friend of mine thoroughly dries the trim, reduces it to dust in a food blender and just dumps it in the food. Very flavoursome and simple as it gets