Just had to sign up for Selective Services

Discussion in 'General' started by Minimal It, Feb 18, 2009.

1. But Buzzard, our government is hopelessly corrupt and the founding fathers blah blah blah

2. at least they can drink...I think

3. What gives them the authority to claim ownership over your body?

Why are the politicians that rubberstamp these rules forced to serve themselves?

4. Well.....we did. We elected them and they made the laws.

There may come a time when a draft is necessary to ensure the continuation of this country.Hence the selective service

5. If they ever reinstate the draft, ima pretend to sleepwalk, shit the bed and hear voices til they let me go

people make such a big deal about the draft, like it would be so hard to get out
    Just straight up tell them, 'I hate America and if you give me a gun i will kill everyone in my platoon.' You'll be home in time to watch House.

6. I never have to serve thankfully, I would be nothing but a waste of time for them....My body is already falling apart from my rebellion as a teen, I have broke over half the bones in my body at different times, I have 2 metal plates in my right arm with 12 screws holding it together, a rod in my right leg holding it together, a plate with 6 screws in my right arm, I have a metal plate on my right knee as well, and prolly have had over 300 stiches, I doubt even in the draft I would make the cut, I cant run, cant fight, hell only thing I really can do is office work, and smoke my weed. Let those draft guys come a knocking on my door, see how fast they leave.

And fuck, I just realized I have to go get my new lisence soon from where it was suspended, I have to sign that shit, fuck that.

7. That psych shit will probably go on your record. Or they'll say they don't give a crap and beat you until you comply. I'm goin with the latter

Bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch. It's a signature. It's never gonna happen and it saves you a felony!

8. damn, i totally forgot about that shit, til i saw this thread, just filled it out gotta mail that shit in.

9. What gives "we" the authority to elect them? If it's true that voter -> lawmaker is a consensual relationship, where does the voter's right to impose his/her ideals on the non-voter come from?

I've personally never voted, and I don't remember signing a contract giving my consent to the Selective Service law. So isn't forcing me to sign up essentially an act of fraud? I mean, if I sent you a phony utility bill, you could prosecute me for an attempt to defraud you of money, since I'd never be able to prove that you had a contract with me for said utilities. So why am I not allowed to sue the SS? The same principle applies either way.

How would a draft be necessary if there's a need for the continuation of the country? You're saying here that there's a demand for the continuation of the country, and yet if the people were displaying that demand then they would already be volunteering in droves.

If a draft is necessary, then it means that no one has consented to the continuation of the country, hence why they're being forced into service. Which is it?

And in your first paragraph, you said that "we" elected the politicians, which takes a majority. If the majority are having a draft imposed upon them, that means the majority has rejected the need for this military campaign. How come the democratic principle gets thrown out the window here?

10. It's funny to see you thinking of citizenship as being a simple business contract.

11. #31 Chaohinon, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Well now you're appealing to the constitution, which explicitly states in article 13 that the draft is illegal. So isn't it my patriotic duty to not file, seeing as how filing would be breaking the highest law in the land?

Which law am I supposed to follow? The big one, or the lesser one that completely contradicts it? With two mutually contradicting laws running parallel, isn't it just a gamble to see which one wins out?

And sure the military might need masses of people, but you know I need some money right now. Would it be ok if I forced masses of people to donate money to me? What if I found a politician who could put that into law?

12. Butler v Perry.

And have you not been paying attention lately? Notice the bailouts?

13. Drafter comes to my house ill whip my cock out and tell him to suck it and claim homosexuality...

But might not work, I think they might be getting rid of that "dont ask, dont tell" thing

14. if you fail a drug test, they discharge you, dont they?

SMOKE ON THEN!!!!

15. That's volunteer service. And that's a dishonorable discharge which you DON'T want on your record.

With the draft they'd probably say you can reform or they'd throw you in jail.