Just had surgery, should i smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoueyGG, Oct 21, 2013.

1. #1 LoueyGG, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    I was recently put in a hospital for really bad stomach pain. The only way I can describe it is being stabbed reptedatley. I could feel my stomach pounding and mmy teeth were clatering from all the pain. I got picked up in a ambulance and sent to the hospital where I spent 1 hour doing paperwork and 6 hours in the waiting room in the worst pain I have ever been in life. They finally called me up and put me in an exam room where I spent another 4 hours in pain till I puked green vomit and they finally put me on a IV. They decided to scan me in this machine twice and they found that my appendinex was swollen and was about to burst and I needed emergency surgery.... After the surgery I woke up gasping for air than slipped back unconscious. I woke up in this room full of people who were really sick or hurt. I had the worst shoulder pain ever and my stomach was sore from the surgery. I finally get home to find out that the doctor ordered a invalid perscription of percocet. I was at home but I literally couldn't almost stand up and bending over was impossible. I also still had bad shoulder pain. I took 2 off the counter pain killers but they didn't work. So I'm still waiting for my prescription to get fixed. I'm afraid if I smoke a joint maybe I'll cough and be in even worse pain. Keep in mind that I can't even laugh because of the pain. Should I just smoke the earths natural painkiller? Or should I wait it out?

2. Light it up..

3. ive had appendicitus and it was the worst pain of my life so i would just toke up to relieve the pain.

4. Just make sure you take it easy and not rip bowls as hard since it would hurt really bad to cough

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm a cna, which isn't very glorified, but I hear all sorts if things and I know about medicines that react with each other. Marijuana is a natural pain killer and doesn't react with other prescribed meds, for the most part. But coughing can damage your organs when they are in a weak state. You definitely can smoke but you shouldn't hit so hard where you cough a lot. If something is seriously wrong you should pay attention to your pain don't drown it out to much.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Take tiny hits! A big hit off a joint will start you coughing! And cannabis has been shown to ease post-operative pain in several studies! :smoke:

Cannabis effective at relieving pain after major surgery       (news - 2006)
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/05/17/17995.aspx

Elizabeth, as a medical worker, you may be interested in "Granny Storm Crow's List".  Click that first link in my sig for a small preview  of what I have done. If you like it, PM me your email, or check out the bottom of my sig for mine! The current List has over 1000 pages of links to medical studies and news articles about the many medical uses of cannabis! :eek:

And don't sell yourself short for being "just" a CNA, hon. People who do the "grunt work" make it possible for the doctors to do their work! You are ESSENTIAL for the whole medical profession! :yay:

Granny

7. I say bite into a delicious edible and while you wait for it to take effect you spark up your pipe.

For my birthday buy me a politician

8. if yer worried about coughin, take small hits. itll take longer but youll get high without worrying about coughing

9. Hey thanks its good to know someone actually sees this :) I'll definitely check out the link

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Fuckin A man. A dudes gotta wait 11hours at the hospital and come possibly minutes away from dieing to get treated... and then the doc is gonna fuck up the prescription..?

As for your question, id smoke, just take small hits to avoid coughing. I had surgery that made it hurt like hell to cough/sneeze/laugh too and i smoked and had 0 complications, but my surgery didnt involve any of my organs tho.

Hope you feel better, dont watch any Comedy Central til youre better!

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You should be fine man an i hope you make a full recovery im gald things will get better for you.

12. In my opinion if you haven't already just take a few small hits off a j, you'll be alright.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Imagine if the doctor was just fuckin with you an didn't remove anything at all an that's why those pain killers didn't work :0

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Toke nice and easy, no hard hits. And make sure you've got a strain that isn't going to give you cough lock. Otherwise, toke up man. If you find that you can control  your pain well enough with marijuana, fuck the Percs man.

15. I honestly wouldn't, that sounds serious... Try some edibles

16. if you really can't do without, do what granny said. take small hits. don't overdo it.

hope ya feel better man!

17. Yes you should !! 

My appendix literally burst a few years ago. It cost me a month in hospital and two operations leaving huge scars.

The fuggin shit almost killed me , my skin when green , i was throwing up like crazy , told not to eat or drink for two weeks , tubes my nose/stomach , wrist/heart .

Fucked up.

Anyway once I returned to the comfort of home , i found a rolled joint in my room. 

Now , bearing in mind the doctors told me to not smoke for 2 months , I made the decision to smoke it . And wow it worked so well , almost all my pain disappeared, I was finally able to eat food (difficulty eating after 2 weeks of an empty stomach) , and I was able to sleep with ease (the amount of pain would have normally kept me awake).

So if your story is in anyway similar , Id recommend you smoke up . Just try to not cough or sneeze (if your scars hurt) .

:smoking:

18. Sucks man hope you get better.

But this really is a no-brainer, would you rather take poison manufactured in a lab or mother natures untouched marijuana?

19. SMALL HITS, i had back pain for a while, one day it was feeling a little sore so i was like "lemme go smoke a bowl, help the pain a bit" coughed once and could barely move after that. But yea as long as you toke slowly you should be fine.

20. right when you felt like you were getting stabbed I knew you were gunna say appendicitis. It happened to me almost two years ago. I didn't smoke because I was unable, but I definitely think you should.

The shoulder pain is the WORST! it's air that got into you from the surgery and it's awful every time you stand up